cleaning, cleaning,

Jadie

Reaction score
hello,

I keep going into the nursery and tiding up! at the minute I am sorting though the clothes putting them in order of size and style!!

but even I as a first time mum know after the first week I will grabbing what ever clean things I can find to put him in!

Any one eles doing any thing like this??

LOL, talk about neurotic!!!! I have become obsessed with cleaning! Nesting sounds so nice but to be making a cup of tea and after getting a teaspoon out you end up emptying the whole cutlery drawer, hoovering, washing it and then replacing all the cutlery cause you just washed that too! lol

Better than being a minger I suppose! lol

i was originally pleased when cleaning frenzy finally kicked in - but like v11kae i have become worse than monica off friends!! spent 2 hours yesterday cleaning the bathroom - an our bathroom is tiny - it doesnt even have a bath! - just a shower cubicle - which i proceeded to clean inside and out with cillit bang - and then dry the flipping thing with a towel! :roll:
have also done more stoopid things, like clean the kitchen sink out - an then polish it dry with a chamois leather! and i think there is now a packet of anti bac wipes in every room of the house!

poor boyf only has to take of a pair of socks and i have another wash on the go and i too have made a cup of tea before now and filled the washing up bowl to wash the one teaspoon i have used!

does this last or does it stop with the birth? hehehehe

shamu

p.s did anyone watch the anthea turner perfect housewife show? - i wanted a linen cupboard just so i culd go an fold my towles all posh! sad or what! hehehehehe
shamu

I have just put my fouth load of washing in today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I have no where to dry it all!

I did not see the perfect housewife thingy!!

I can not settle, I feel weird just sat down, but i feel that I cant be bothered to do any thing!

Jadie it all sounds perfectly normal nesting.

I was terrible before I had my first, I would sort sort and sort through the babys things, moving things and convinced i would be mega organised when I had baby.

Of course none of that happened but had a lovely clean house when came home with baby lol

You keep going hunny xx

I am absoultly desperate to nest. I have managed to get some done today. I have been given some avent bottles so I thought I would wash them and put them in the cupboard - ready for sterilising if I dont breastfeed.

Yesterday I made O/H help me with the cleaning (it had not been done properly for 3 weeks due to my fall) so every room got a good clean - god it felt good after to see it all clean and tidy!

So today I took all the settee covers off to wash, did the bottles, cleaned out the fireplace and restocked with paper, wood and coal, did 3 lots of washing and 2 lots of putting away. I also updated my list of things to do before the baby gets here.

Quite proud of myself though cos I am struggling to do anything due to the fall and now the massive swollen ankles and feet I have. I actaully took a pic of them on my phone tonight to send to my mate to prove I wasnt exagerating how bad they are! I have to stop every 20 minutes or so to rest my legs and get my breath back - but it is sooo great to see the house getting really clean and tidy ready for LO arrival!

L x

I am starting to feel constantly irritable, I am really uncomfortable so even going up and down the stairs is unpleasant but I am desperate to clean and tidy!!

My Mum and Sister are coming here on saturday and between us we are spending the day cleaning the house from top to bottom which I am really looking forward to as I know I don't have the energy to do it all myself. The kids are off to my Dad's so it will be a good productive day - looking forward to it!!

I prefer nesting to just been sat watching the tv all day!!!

I make myself a list of jobs to do each day!!!!

i never left B nursery before i had him loved messing around making his moses basket sorting out toys n clothes etc i was like a big kid at xmas lol

and yes i did put the dog in the pushchair :D and now i hate the pushchair lol

HA HA, the dog!!!!!!

I have just pulled our spare room to bits now, starting on our bedroom in a bit!!!!

CAme on here for a rest,

twins? well done!

I think im weird now or just tooooo organised as i dont think I am getting the nesting feelings!

The nursery is ready and tidy, all clothes I have had all ready been washed and put away. All items are in their new places, under stairs cupboard is now storage for baby items, all feeding equipment (incase I dont breastfeed) are all clean and in place in the kitchen. The house is clean and tidy and I have no urge what so ever to clean anything from top to bottom.

what do you think, I got the urge early? or am just weird

i was organised but i am still changing things, maybe you will start again!!

Oh no, should I have got things for bottle feeding in case I cant feed him?

I have been given a sterliser and only got four bottles!

PANIC PANIC!!!

Kerry

I know exactly what you mean! It winds me up cos I can see the mess the house is in but D/H is like "its fine, theres nothing wrong with it" and then my Mum comes round and says the same thing :twisted: lol - I wish so much I had the energy to do it all myself - I could quite easily potter around all day cleaning and making sure everything is ready!

Your saturday sounds like heaven!!! - they couldnt pop round to me after could they!!!????!

L x

v11kae said:
but to be making a cup of tea and after getting a teaspoon out you end up emptying the whole cutlery drawer, hoovering, washing it and then replacing all the cutlery cause you just washed that too!

LOL V11kae - the other day i was getting something out the freezer and I knocked over a little bag of peas - some fell out so I picked them out and noticed some other bits of food that had fell out of bags - so of course everything had to come out - I then proceeded to defrost freezer and clean out with antibacterial spray and then fill it back up again. MAD.

L x

Lisa31, lol aint it mad how you see one little speck of dirt and you fumigate everything lol!

I just noticed you are due on the original date my docotr gave me, Jadie is due on the date the hospital gave me. I figured I would set my ticker to the latter date so I wasnt disapointed but feel like i could go any minute lol.

Arggggh feeling so anxious to get little person out now!

My Ticker is a few days out, I am due on the 8th!

It doesn't get any better after the birth, I'm just as bad 7 weeks later lol :lol:

I agree - it is mad :) . I was bad enough anyway before being pg!

My Mum offered to come and help but she said that she only would if I didnt follow her round telling her how to do it properly - she said she would help if I let her get on with it!!! - no way! it has to be done my way or not at all LOL :lol:

L x

Im on cleaning frenzy aswel. OH cant understand y thinks the house is fine, but I cant leave anything just incase I have to rush off to the hospital.......i cant imagine anything worse than coming home to cleaning jobs.....although i know it wont happen because mil will come and get it sorted whilst im in.....shes worse than me lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back