• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clary sage, Raspberry Leaf tea etc

Kandle

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I need some advice. I am starting to think about making preparations for labour and have heard lots about the above and also evening primrose oil.

This is my first baby so I am totally clueless. When do I start drinking the tea (bought some yesterday) and does the clary sage just go in the bath and if so, when do I start that? I read a thread on here a while ago about popping evening primrose oil capsules up the foof - is this recommended?

I want to give my uterus the best opportunity to stretch, soften and repair afterwards, so any advice would be greatly received!

Thanks, ladies.:wave:

Hey hun,
I read a thread in here that someone asked there mw about raspberry leaf tea and I think it was 36 weeks to start drinking it. But I'm sure someone will know. Not sure about the rest but I'll be interested in the answers too :)

My MW told me it was 37 weeks to start drinking RLT... Lo and behold my little one was born at 37+3 with the easiest labour ever! :)
Hope that helps x

My MW told me it was 37 weeks to start drinking RLT... Lo and behold my little one was born at 37+3 with the easiest labour ever! :)
Hope that helps x

Ahhhh Leah it was you I was thinking of but thought it was 36 weeks. Thanks hun. X

Ive been drinking RLT and taking the tablets since 37 weeks and hes still nice and cosy in there!Also been having clary sage oil in the bath from 36 weeks, eating spicy food, walking, driving down bumpy roads and eating tonnes of fresh pineapple xxx

I used clary sage from 38ish weeks and it did nothing in terms of labour...it did make me v relaxed tho and helped get a good nights sleep. I used it in the bath,with a carrier oil massaged into bump and lower back and in an oil burner xx

Thanks, ladies. I am seeing my MW shortly, so I'll run some of it past her too. Any other experiences, thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

just wondering girls - whats the Rasberry leaf tea for? Whats its purpose? x

just wondering girls - whats the Rasberry leaf tea for? Whats its purpose? x

It helps the uterus contract down after birth :) not sure about the labour inducing theory though (although it seemed to work for me!)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back