Perineal massage?????

flexilexi394

Reaction score
So we have got our clary sage, raspberry leaf and all that jazz....

Is anyone going to do Perineal massage?? I've heard it prevents tearing. And you don't just have to use evening primrose oil, any veg oil will do!

Or anyone that's doing it, any, er, tips?? I wan to try it, but feel a bit awkward about it lol :blush:

Thanks in advance!

Sorry never done it so no tips, but from what I have read, it's supposed to really help to prevent tears - worth a try

Hmmm think I agree, I'm just not really sure on what I'm doing! Haha x

I have no idea how to do it either, but I got perineal massage gel from mothercare for a fiver and it says just to rub it in from around 6 weeks before your due date, hope i helped! x

How do you do it ? Is that the bit inbetween our foofoo and buttocks ?? ( lol, sorry this is all new to me and I dont have a clue what perineal massage is )

Make a pregnancy ticker

Lol yeah it's the part between food and bumhole :blush: I'm guessing you just rub it?! I don't know! It's meant to help so I will do it. Just not too sure what to do! X

We've done it a bit, can't manage myself as I find it too awkward, so it's OHs job :) He sees it as foreplay! Can't say I do!

Don't know if we're doing it right, but...what we do is stick two fingers in a bit and put a bit of pressure on towards your bum. Then move them slowly, keeping a bit of pressure on in a horseshoe shape over and over, slowly putting a bit more pressure on. Then do the same a little bit deeper.

OH says he can feel that it makes a difference and things are opening up! I'll just have to trust him on that!

Yeah, indigo has it right.

You should have a very thin flap of skin that goes across you vaginal opening near your bum hole, you can feel it more with your legs open - that is where the tear will start.

You want to stretch it as much as possible before labour :)

Thanks guys! Yeah I have trouble reaching that far :rofl: might have to get OH to give me a hand! He s a nightmare it's all a big joke to him, he won't be laughing when I'm in labour! I will make sure of that lol! X

Oh my! This sounds fab and a lot more fun than everything else I'll get some oil and make a start in a few weeks time - I'm
Sure the hubby won't mind helping me out:)

Yeah, indigo has it right.)

*phew* lol!

Tell your OH that if he helps you with this, it will help keep everything in order down there, and things will get back to normal quicker afterwards ;)

Damn you Lexi, youve made me want to do this as well now! lol
Im already take rlt tablets, going to bath in clary sage & massage my bump in clary sage, bounce on a ball & now to top it of rub this stuff on my gooch. Oh the fun! :D

We've done it a bit, can't manage myself as I find it too awkward, so it's OHs job :) He sees it as foreplay! Can't say I do!

Don't know if we're doing it right, but...what we do is stick two fingers in a bit and put a bit of pressure on towards your bum. Then move them slowly, keeping a bit of pressure on in a horseshoe shape over and over, slowly putting a bit more pressure on. Then do the same a little bit deeper.

OH says he can feel that it makes a difference and things are opening up! I'll just have to trust him on that!

do u put the cream inside you??

I'm doing it. Its just akward to do.
Feels weird tho

Yeah a little bit, not deep it's just so the skin on the edge is massaged. This is gonna be hillarous! I'm off to start a new Lexi and Lilly thread! X

it really works! trust me iv had 4 kids and expecting my 5th in march. i had to have stitches each time until i got to my 4th and i just used to massage every time i had a bath from about 30 weeks onwards, no oils just massaging and stretching whilst in the tub and to my ultimate joy...no stitches after baby no.4 so im definatley doing it again.....hope this helps! x

it really works! trust me iv had 4 kids and expecting my 5th in march. i had to have stitches each time until i got to my 4th and i just used to massage every time i had a bath from about 30 weeks onwards, no oils just massaging and stretching whilst in the tub and to my ultimate joy...no stitches after baby no.4 so im definatley doing it again.....hope this helps! x

Oh wow, that gives us some hope! Lol. Ok so whilst in the bath. That's a bit more convenient, I find it a rather messy job with oil lol! Thank you very much! X

Lol I just tried it inthe bath and it was a little painful! Gonna go back to the oil thing. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back