claiming back credit card charges?

jenna

Reaction score
Has any one done this? We did the bank charges thing last year and got loads of money back with no problems. Weve sent the letter today requesting the same for our Credit card. Has any one managed to get credit card charges back??

We got ours back in January. We have since had all DH student debts written off as the people he orignally owed £ to e.g Monument had passed his debt on to people who now can't prove he owes them £

I'm not sure how it works exactly but he's cleared most of the debt he had by doing this. He also lives on the money saving website!!

I'm sure you will get your credit charges back Jenna. I got bank charges back from an account thats been shut for years!!

sorry if i sound thick but i didnt realise you could claim back charges :shock: my bank charged me 30 pound last month for going over my overdraft by just over 1 pound :evil: which was completely accidental i had pregnancy brain (still) and forgot september only had 30 days :oops: can i claim that back???? xxxxxx

Banks have stopped giving money back till the high court case decides if they are right or wrong, which could take months/years.

Not sure if they are doing the same for credit cards, but in the meantime it'd be worth getting your old statements and preparing your case.

I added all mine up then never got round to sending the letter :?

its a good thing to do really, we got about £930 back from HSBC for being charged £35 a go for going over the overdraft. I think if we got credit card charges back itd be another £500. Its like a months wages :shock:

not long had my overdraft and the bank cahrged me 17p i mena omg how i afford 17p :x :roll: :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back