close to tears right now

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
as if my week couldnt get any worse it has
i got a letter from my bank today telling me they have charged me £38 for a bounched direct debt from my credit card i phoned my credit card up it was a problem there end due to them trying to take more money then they was surpost to
ive cleared it with them
i rang my bank up they wont wave the £38 at all so they will take it stright out of my bank account when i get paid on the 28th my credit card now also want £32 off me because of there cock up
i only get £200 a month and i am moving into my new flat on sat dont no how im going to manage i really dont
manda x

In the long term you can claim it back.....see the sticky about bank charges at the top of off-topic.

Write them a letter explaining what happened, to your bank & your credit card - I would probably try to get the chagre removed from the credit card, and the bank charge covered by the credit card company as that may be quiker, but if you are getting nowhere claim back your bank charges as explained in the sticky - claim back even charges you may have received previously.

Good Luck - sorry to hear you're not having a good week

:hug: :hug:

oh hun :hug:

im constantly having problems with my bank/companies taking direct debits. its so frustrating isnt it.

have you thought about claiming all your charges back? me and DF are thinking about doing it.

theres a sticky thread about how to do it at the top of the page

this is the first charge ive ever had i dont normlay use dd's but the credit card tricked me into it why cant they use english sounding people on the phones?? i cant understand accents so i agree to anything
manda x

i actually hung up from a convo to bt. as the lady on the phone couldnt understand me. it gets so frustrating.

Keep at it about getting the charge reversed tell them you have never had a charge before etc and they will prob reverse it... :)

ring again i had the same thing i had ywo charges at once and i had had them before and had them waivered so he said i couldnt do it again so i rang the next day and told the bloke i had my sons birthday on the weekend and i wouldnt have enough money to cover the charges and he had one taken off ring again its worth a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back