circumsision

melanieyeah

Reaction score
i have so spelt that wrong lol, - I know that this can cause a little bit of a debate, and if that happens please do lock this thread, but I was wondering as we are mainly uk ladies, what your thoughts are on circumcision? It seems on another forum, who are mainly full of american ladies, circumcision is the done thing, and the majority do it to there sons. But I wouldnt do it unless there is a valid medical reason for it, I mean, alot of Uk men dont have a circum willy and they are fine, my brothers havent, and my nephew hasnt and they are all fine. So yeh, I wouldnt do it unless there was a medical reasen.
what are you views on this? once again, if the thread starts a big debate please lock it, I just want some different opinions :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
probably posted in the wrong place but hey, move it if you want :)

I wouldn't circumcise my little boys willy as I don't see the need to really, nor does any beleifs I have mean he should be circumcised. From what I remember hearing (correct me if I am wrong U.Ser's) it is a very common thing over in America to do and more a fashion thing? If a boy does not have it done they are considered a bit different. (May have just got that wrong so please correct me).

From a 'grown-ups' point of view, I do prefer a man who is not circuimcised for personal pleasure reasons :wink: obviously he has to take more care of cleaning 'it' than a guy who is circumcised but hey...I think it's worth the effort. There is nothing wrong with a circumcised guy though - I just think it's the same feeling as having sex with a condom on compared to going 'bareback'.

Now I'm going off the topic I think? :roll:

Hi gals,

Well we all knew that I had to post on an American stand point! :wink: Yes it is more common for a male to be circumsized then not here, I would say about 95% of males are circumsized here, although it is personal choice most women do opt for it to be done prior to them leaving the hospital. It is to be said that a child who is uncircumsized is more liable to have an infection then a child who is circumsized. That's what has been said from years ago and I think throughout the years it's just what we do now. I have 3 boys and all are circumsized and if I have another boy he will be circumsized as well. Yes I'm sure a boy who is not circumsized would be made fun of, which I think is awful and it sadens me to say that for the most part people in the US are more judgemental then anywhere else. :oops: As for personal choice that's all I know so I can't comment on anything else! :wink: I hope no one took offense to anything that I said, it's just my opinion. :D

xoxo Ree

I guess it does make sense that they are a bit cleaner naturally when circumcised - doesn't it look cruel when they do it though :?

hi gals,

If we have a son the only reason i'd have him circumcised would be a medical reason, my brother is and that was medical.
I think that they have to right to choose and if they are older and want it done then I won't have a problem with it.

Sami, your comments made me giggle abit, i've been with men who are circumcised and ones who aren't and to be honest it didn't make any difference to me or to how clean their willy's were!! (that's another issue altogether!! :lol: )

Anyway, I believe that everyone has there own opinion & if they wanted their son to be done then who am I to judge!

Nicki.x :D

lol how bizzare this all is to me. I have never even seen a circum willy before lol! Thats just how uncommon it is where I live.without the foreskin, how does a man... errm... pleasure himself? does that make sense?LOL sorry I am soo rude.

hi my ex husband had to be circumcised at the age of 21 due to foreskin splitting every time we had intercourse was awful and very painful for him was a nasty operation at that age but afterwards it made no difference to our sex life at all it felt the same to me and obviously less painfull for him
as for having my children done i wouldnt unless they had medical need for it xxxxx

my husband is a muslim, so for obvious reasons, he is circumcised, and franckly, it makes NO difference to me at all!...and to him, apparently!
If it is done at birth, it's quicker to get sorted and boys don't remeber it at all!
I would definitely have it done to my baby boy...if it was one, because it is, indeed much cleaner. (but only if it was possible at birth or so, because then, yes, as a mum, I would not dare make my little onbe suffer)

mel xx

Maybe it was the guy I slept who lacked the ability not the willy!! :oops: :lol:

I think it's a good thing to have done if it's a cultural thing or medical reason, and wouldn't object to it being done if it had to be for my own child. Don't make too much of a difference these days I guess.

There is no medical reserch to support that a circumcised willy is cleaner than a non circumcised one, its all about hygiene. My OH is circumcised due to medical necessity and we have both agreed that unless it absolutley has to be done then we won't be having our son circumcised. Its a personal decision and as we don't have any cultural or medical rasons for it, I just don't like the idea of putting baby through the procedure if it isn't necessary. I agree with nicki, its their choice.

P.S Again in agreement with Nicki, I have been in relationships with circummcied and uncircumcised men and there is no difference. It just looks different :shock:

I think it's wrong unless it's for a medical reason, willy's are made that way for a reason.

I even think when people get it done for their babies due to religion that's wrong too.

Minikins,

I would like to tell you that I felt offended reading your post.
We are all entitled to our opinion, and I respect that. I haven't got a problem with your first sentence, but thought your comment about religions wasn't appropriate, at least on this particular forum!

I don't intend to start a debate, though, because as I said, we all have the right to think what we want, but the message I got from your post was much stronger than just expressing your opinion, as a mum, on circumcision.

Mel xx

Just for the record I researched it prior to having it done on my son, and we do have information here in the states that does show the risks of not having it done. We wouldn't just cut our children for the sake of it "looking" better. I can't speak for the research done anywhere else but here in the states it has been shown that there are far more less infections in those who are done then in those who aren't done. And for me I'd rather not take the chance in my child having an infection. The babies have no memory of it being done when they are a few days old but god forbid they need to have it done as a teenager or even an adult that pain and memory will be there forever, I for one don't want to take that chance in having a memory like that for my son. As I said before it's personal choice.

xoxo Ree

thought your comment about religions wasn't appropriate, at least on this particular forum

I have to agree with you Melhoney.

Circumcision is an important part of many religions and if you truely believe in your religion, why would you not want your child to be circumcised?

Religion is an extremely sensitive subject and obviously going to cause arguments. I thought that comment was a little unnecessary.

I have read that it is more hygenic to have it done that not. And that women who sleep with circumcised men are less prone to genital warts (nice).

If I get to have another baby and it's a boy he will be circumcised, poor love, mostly for the above reason and partly because my partner is Jewish.

Incidentally, Melanieyeah, circumcised men have no difficulty in, er, pleasuring themselves. It's certainly not essential for that ;o)

As to 'willys are made that way for a reason' - I'm afraid that's a poor argument. We also have wisdom teeth that have to be removed because there's no room for them in modern mouths and appendices that do nothing until they get infected and have to be removed. One of the oddities of evolution is that it leaves random bits and pieces behind, but they're just relics of our past.

I think we should leave the subject of religion now...it's one of them things which shouldn't be talked about when near alcohol or pregnant hormonal women I think.

All I will say is everyone is entitled to their opinions and Minikins gave hers, even if it did offend some people. It is her own opinion and the thread was asking for peoples opinions.

Can we leave it there? please? I like harmony !! it's better for our bumps.

MY OWN OPINION (yes mine only) is that unless due to a medical condition it is unnessesary and cruel. My brother is circumcised due to medical problems and my step son is not, i have seen both sides of the coin and been in realtions with both a circumsized and uncircumsized man. If our daughter turns out to be a son i will deal with the issue if and when it arises, and then judge the situation for his health anf best interests.

Regilious reasons are the persons individual right and choice but not mine.

kellysomer said:
MY OWN OPINION (yes mine only) is that unless due to a medical condition it is unnessesary and cruel. My brother is circumcised due to medical problems and my step son is not, i have seen both sides of the coin and been in realtions with both a circumsized and uncircumsized man. If our daughter turns out to be a son i will deal with the issue if and when it arises, and then judge the situation for his health anf best interests.

Regilious reasons are the persons individual right and choice but not mine.

I wish I expressed my opinion as well you did, you put it better than me :) if I had expressed it as good as you I would not have been told off ;)

Opinions aren't always easy to put across are they. It's an emotive topic that's all :D

I thought it was illegal unless medically necessary in the UK?? Probably totally wrong, that's just what I thought. I must admit, the idea does appeal to me, I think it is cleaner etc, but I wouldn't put my baby through an unecessary medical procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back