Announcing your pregnancy on facebook...

I agree with you Annie
I had a mmc at 12w and 3days last november, i thought i was alot further along, i had already told everyone and broadcasted it to my friends over facebook and then i had to, not in so many words, let everyone know I had lost my angel but i would never call anyone for broadcasting their news and would never expect one of my friends to hold back their news because of this.
I admit it can make me think what if when i see one of my friends pregnancy post but they are my friends, why would I not be happy for them. Thought id post so you can see views from the otherside x x

I hope I haven't upset anyone with what I said. I'm always over the moon for my friends and FB announcements. I'd never begrudge anyone and I've commented and :pompom: them all through pregnancy and birth and cute baby pics. This one particular person it was literally every single post all day every day and she went really funny with me because I couldn't attend her maternity leaving do because I was signed off with severe stress and depression because of bullying at our workplace - which she knew about! I didn't explain that part but I am now because I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea. It wasn't clear of me so sorry. I'm all for announcing happy news and for cheering people on and I am always happy for my friends and for people in general when they've got something they're over the moon about. Just wanted to clear that up because I'm down that I've inadvertently upset people xx

Aaww hunny you havnt upset anyone, i think everyone just wanted to share their views :hugs:
Everyone is different and do different things, i think its really good that we can share our views and people can read them and make their minds up from there x x

Hi SG, sorry I wasn't referring to anything you said infact I think I missed your first post when I wrote my post. You've certainly not upset me hon- far from it - we are just all giving differing opinions which is natural as we all have different histories. Xx

Facebook status = Im not fat...Im pregnant! :) x

I told most people I see regularly in real life well before 12 weeks cos I just couldn't keep my mouth shut, and then announced it on facebook with a scan pic at 12 weeks for the people I know but don't really see.

I know two girls IRL that are due one day before and two days after me, and one posts something about her pregnancy or baby every other day, and the other has the weekly updates and other regular baby updates, but I'm more of a shy poster so I think the only baby posts I've made have been when I've had scans and the first time I heart heartbeat. Each to their own!

I doubt I'll be a big poster on Facebook about my pregnancy, (I think that's what PregnancyForum is for) :p :p
But I will definitely say something on Facebook (If I ever do get pregnant).
Me and my partner have been trying for a very long time and even though I do get jealous of girls posting things like, "I'M PREGNANT YAY" I still wish them the very best and don't dislike them or get upset.

I know one things for sure though, I definitely will make a little joke about it in my status! Then perhaps a 'mature' status about it afterwards, just to make sure people understood the announcement. xx

I think I only post silly things about the baby, like howcome they can have hiccups a million times a day and I barley get them once a year, or I wish I could see my toes :lol: Fair enough to people who post and don't post on FB! But I can say in my very own opinion that it can be annoying when ALL you post is pointless stuff about baby like 'me and baby are off to bed now' or 'think im going to go feed baby now' ifykwim? Maybe its just me :lol: pointless posts just annoy me :rofl: xx

I think I only post silly things about the baby, like howcome they can have hiccups a million times a day and I barley get them once a year, or I wish I could see my toes :lol: Fair enough to people who post and don't post on FB! But I can say in my very own opinion that it can be annoying when ALL you post is pointless stuff about baby like 'me and baby are off to bed now' or 'think im going to go feed baby now' ifykwim? Maybe its just me :lol: pointless posts just annoy me :rofl: xx

I agree with you there Kole.
Everyone does that on Facebook anyway, whether they're pregnant or not.
"Brb going to the toilet to take a dump".
"Back".

BORING! I always liven my status' up with a bit of fun :) and your status' sound fun also hahaha :lol: There's people on Facebook that have like 1 status a month, then there's people that post something every 5 minutes (I recall being one of these people once upon a time ago) :roll: xxx

I agree with you there Kole.
Everyone does that on Facebook anyway, whether they're pregnant or not.
"Brb going to the toilet to take a dump".
"Back".

BORING! I always liven my status' up with a bit of fun :) and your status' sound fun also hahaha :lol: There's people on Facebook that have like 1 status a month, then there's people that post something every 5 minutes (I recall being one of these people once upon a time ago) :roll: xxx

:rofl: going for a dump ! that is great :lol: Yeah thats exactly what I mean though! I think its lovely to see people announce they are pregnant though, my SIL gave congratz to people who weren't pregnant though, cause so many people where getting pregnant, and thought they deserved something, which was actually rather nice :) xx

I think that letting people know in Facebook is such an exciting prospect and if you are 12 weeks and want to go for it do!

On the ther side of caution after the experience of a friend rings soo clear in my mind. She announced it at 8 weeks as she couldnt wait! She lost the baby at 11 weeks and her whole page was full of congratulations. Devastating to log back in and go on to the page ever again as so many people will not know about the m/c!

Hi vexcited,

Where are you moving to? I am in the same boat although hoping to move after my 12 week scan. Getting so impatient now. Can't wait for my 12 week scan and to tell everyone. Feel like such a liar keeping big news like this from my Mum and mum-in-law.

Not too bothered about Facebook announcements. Would prefer just to tell my family and close friends in person after 12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back