Debate section

xrachx

Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering if we could have a debate section?
I think it would be good to be able to have some constructive conversations, what do you think??
There has been a couple of threads that have been really interesting, for instance, the Jewelry thread about babies wearing it, that was a good debate and reckon there would be a few people that would agree that a bit of seriousness wouldnt go a miss, we need something to stimulate our mummy (or daddy) brains, it could be kept in the Members section?? please think about it.x

that would be good!
even though i dont usually tell my opinions, i still love reading everyone elses!

Off Topic has had some good debates....would we need somewhere else?

My concern is it would be taking more interesting stuff from Off Topic...we already took the TV and entertainment stuff out, if we take debates out of there what will be left? "Guess what I had for my dinner?" threads LOL

i fwe had a "debates section" then we could post differnt subjects in like sub sections, it wouldnt take subjects from other places, the entertainment sections will be the same, i mean i wasnt thinking about haviong a debate about anything soap wise or anything like that just like stuff thats on the news and anthing real life, am i explaining it properely?

i think its a good idea, had this on another forum i used, they had a weekly debate.

Urchin said:
Off Topic has had some good debates....would we need somewhere else?

My concern is it would be taking more interesting stuff from Off Topic...we already took the TV and entertainment stuff out, if we take debates out of there what will be left? "Guess what I had for my dinner?" threads LOL
i have always seen off topic as just a general chit-chat kinda space, i struggle to put serious stuff places thats all, you have to think about what its about, not upsetting some people putting it in the right section and so on, some stuff is hard to place thats why i was thinking it may be better to just try out a debates bit, we could have..say...for instance i wanted to put something in about teenage drinking, where would i put that? ask a mum? off topic? older children?

xrachx said:
for instance i wanted to put something in about teenage drinking, where would i put that? ask a mum? off topic? older children?

Ask a mum is for pregnant women to ask questions about Labour/birth/parenting etc. Older children is for people with older children to ask questions, so if you wanted to ask an opinion on a teenage son who drank, you might use Older children, if you want a debate, it goes in Off topic. Just like we've had debates on smacking, abortion, teen pregnancy etc in Off topic.

What I meant earlier about the TV section wasn't that you want debates on TV stuff... just I'm wary that Off topic will end up empty or full of rubbish threads if we take all the interesting stuff out of it.

Feel free to start some debates in off topic if thats what you like, I love a good debate myself but can never think of any interesting questions :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back