CIPRAMIL

emma1976

Reaction score
I've just been put on these. I have always coped without tablets but enoughs enough right now. has anyone else been on these and how were they for you?

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi honey, they're anti depressants. I am finding it so hard to sleep and can't stop worrying lately (I am a worrier and anxious person anyway) but just finding it hard to cope with what I told you in my PM. I was starting to feel a bit low a few weeks back and that topped it off. I'll be OK but just finding life in general a struggle at the moment. Strange thing is in no way is it because I have had the LO, I am coping great with that but I think the lack of sleep and worries with regards to what's going on with the idiot is taking it's toll. If I wasn't so low as it is I doubt I would be stressing as bad as I am about the situation. Things are always worse when you feel really down. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi babe ops sorry i just deleted my post because i went on google and seen what they were for, hope you feel better soon, keep your head up hun your seem to be an amazing mum and a lovely person, you should be so proud of yourself you have been through alot, and have been so strong to do it all alone.

if you need to chat im always around.

although my internet has been playing up at home.. (at my mums at the mo)

Awwww thanks honey :D that made me smile. Same here if you need me you know where I am xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi mate,

Im on Cipralex I very similar drug to Cipralex. I have been on them a while now simply because they seem to suit me! They haved helped alot they make you feel a lot more 'normal', give you the strength to do everyday things and help you to see things in a more positive light! Good luck with everything im here if you need me, feel free to PM me or add me to MSN xx

I meant im on Cipralex, they are similar to Cipramil, sorry my typing has gone to pot, must be preggie hormones lol!

I have taken the first one today and I feel tired and monged out and feeling a bit cold and sweaty. I presume after a few days the weird feeling will start to wear off?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They say to give them about three - four weeks to have an effect. I am on paroxetine as I needed one that did not transfer to Seren and they made me feel very sick for a fortnight. However they don't seem to be working anymore so not too sure what's happening. Hope yours start to work soon x

Cipramil is a brand name for Citolpram and Cipralex which all in all are the same drug. I am back on these, have been for 4 or 5 weeks now, and so far have helped a bit.

I was on another drug aswell though called Amitrityline (see my post here ) so my syptoms of it may be different although was taken off Amitrip a week ago.

I was on them before I fell pregnant with Damien too and they worked well. Shouldn't be taken during the third trimester of pregnancy (or all if being off them won't cause more damage than being on them). They do seem to have a positive effect on me overall. If they don't appear to do much after 4-6 weeks see GP again as they can be increased or changed :)

I hope they start to work for you soon, sorry you're feeling pants xxxx

Awww, thanks Sami, good to see they have had a positive effect on you in the past which is reassuring. Years ago I was put on Prozac for ages but when I tried them again they were too much of a stimulant and another they tried was Zispin which turned me into a zombie so the doctor said these were in between the two. I have managed for ages without pills but sometime you just need a bit of help :)

Thanks

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back