Eating out

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Has anyone gone out for a meal with a younger LO (like not big enough for a high chair?)

Just wondering how you did it? How LO coped? Or would you not do it??

We go out for lunch loads and have done evening too! Get her into pjs and all snug in pram and she usually sleeps :) if not we alternate between pram and cuddles with me and oh! HTH xx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

Oh and take Freddie too lol xx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

We took her our when she a month old and it was really noisy in the restaurant, and she slept the whole time!! My friends were gutted about that lol but last time we took her out OH thought it'd be a good idea to hold off on her nap till we went out so she'd stay asleep, he didn't understand that she'd get overtired and really distressed so poor Angel was in a foul mood. All I can probably suggest is maybe take him to a restaurant thats quiet or go early so its not too loud and won't frighten him or just make sure he's well fed and rested so he should be ok :) I think its good to try it and get them used to new environment, were gonna go out for a meal and take her this weekend, luckily me and OH like to eat early so we'll go around 5.30/6 ish :) xx

We eat out pretty much most weekends, always did with Grace too. Pretty much everywhere these days are family friendly - we leave LO in the pram/pushchair, they usually move a chair out of the way from the table so you can get the pushchair in easily next to you. I like eating out as I can have a relaxing lunch then feed whilst we are somewhere chilled and with full tummies! Then she will go back down after a feed, as long as she is fed and can sleep comfortably my li'l miss is happy! I found it easier when breastfeeding if we were out an about but once she was in a bottle fed routine I know when she will want a feed so I could time everything well. LO is always an angel when we are out and about, they love the movement being out in the pram, I found they just sleep! X

We went out a few weeks ago and she woke up and wanted a bottle just as we got there (had been bowling first). Me and OH just took it in turns to eat. If we had been on our we would probably have delayed ordering food until she was asleep and settled.

We go out often, usually G just sleeps in his pram or I have him on my shoulder - he loves looking at other people. I also often feed him after we eat. Allows us to have longer days out!

Sometimes we'll remove the car seat from the push chair and pack it away depends where we are and how big it is.

Or we'll just take the car seat on the push chair. We out several times a week LO loves looking at all the people xxxx

I've took Phoebe a few times too as soon as we get somewhere I locate the changing facilities just incase and most places will make room and move a chair. If its somewhere a bit cramped we fold the pram up and have the car seat on the chair next to us. x

Thanks ladies! My OH has got a fear of taking LO out the
House it seems!

We have been out a few times with little man and we just keep him in the car seat on the pram frame. Normally we feed him before we go out and then we drive around on the way there so he is asleep for the whole duration!! I go out for lunch with my antinatal friends every week and if he is awake he just sits there and stares at other people and if he kicks off the dummy goes in!!
xxx

we went out from week 1. trust me, its easier when they are younger!! if going for food sometimes i would cut all my food up first so could just eat with a fork if needed to hold lo. but usually happy to play with toys in the pram!

Depends where we went as sometimes we left h in his car seat while we eat and he slept. Other times I put him in his pram if I was there for longer.

I went for lunch with Vincent with a few girls from Netmums and he was great until minutes after I got out of the place, then he howled all the way home. I never want to do it again! It was the most stressful thing, I ran full speed with a massive pram (you know which one I'm talking about, Becky, LOL!) for 30 mins.

We've gone out loads with Grace, we've just left her in her car seat and every place has been pretty accommodating with putting us in a quiet corner & bigger table so her seat can go in a chair while we eat

We've done it loads of times, and even took her to the cinema x

We just used to ask for a booth if they has them and put LO on it in her chair so it couldn't move xx

If we.were.going somewhere.without booths, we just slipped car seat onto pram and.requested a.table.with easy access for pram Xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Don't do what I did and take baby in in a car seat, people don't see them down there and people nearly tripped. Having a booth is quite good because you can lay baby down next to you if need be.

Last edited:
We've been out for lunch a few times and dinner with F in his car seat asleep. Easier when he was sleeping longer when he was younger but we still do it now. Go for it Hun, you'll love it. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back