Pnd

babyA

Reaction score
Hey ladies hope all is well with all of you and ur little ones!
Question really I've been diagnosed with Pnd :( have tried other things rather than tablets but last two days started to feel worse than I did a week ago. Know I'll prob have to go to doctors to see what they say but is anyone else suffering with this or had it before? or anyone who has been on tablets for it does it help? just feeling so crappy in myself! Love my kids to bits but I'm just anxious n low! :(

I had this after jake but didnt get help till he was a year old. I didnt want tablets as my sister is bipolar and on medication and it wasnt the route i wanted to go. Lots of things do help to make it better. Getting out of the house regularly helps even if just for a walk. Exercise also helps so maybe join a gym or go swimming. Diet can also affect it. I would suggest speaking to your gp about alternative ways of trying to combat the pnd. Even if it means also taking tablets too. Taling about how you feel too helps hun xx

Thank u for replying it's horrible just feel trapped in what I'm feeling and can't snap out of it!

I had pnd after Ethan and was lucky it was picked up early. I did take tablets but was only on them for bout 18mths in total although I did come off them too quick when Ethan was 10 mths then crashed !! I also had a cpn who was really good that I could vent to. Hope u start feeling better soon just remember there is an end in sight and don't b afraid to ask or accept help it's not a sign of failure xxxx

I had pnd with my lo but didn't seek help until she was 9 months old because I was to embarrassed and assumed I should be coping. I refused tablets as I didn't want to rely on anything but myself (probably one of the reasons it took so long for me to speak to someone!) and now my lo is 18 months old and I'm literally a completely different person.

I spoke to my hv first and so he came round for an hour or so every 2 weeks for about 3 months. He advised me that making time for myself was a huge priority and maybe getting myself a hobby would be a good plan (I took up sewing). He also said getting out the house once a day for fresh air and trying to do more exercise would help. Diet is a big factor as well. I wasnt eating properly with all the stress and so was just putting on weight and feeling worse because of the crap food so I sorted that out.

If you can get someone to talk to, even if it's just to moan, then it's amazing how that little but of time can help and just keep active. Try and find a local group to go to even once a week will help budge any anxiety you may feel and really help bring up your confidence. :hug: things get better xxx

Thank u, that's exactly how I feel though a complete failure ! Do u feel better now? X

U r not a failure ! I felt the same with Ethan I have worried that it would come back with my other 2 but fx it hasn't ! U do need to try and get out of the house know it can b hard as I always felt people were watch and judging me but then someone said to me do u do that or r u just cooing over the baby ?
I have had the odd wobbly moment this time but tend go have a soak in the bath with my iPod on so can total switch off and leave oh incharge !
U will b fine Hun talk things through with Gp and see which options work best for u. And remember we r always here for u xxx

Thanks that really helps glad ur feeling better now. x get so nervous bout groups now. Was never like this before x

That's was my thing too. Always had my make up on and tried to show the world I was sypermum and coping would close my front door and b in bits !
When I did go out would let anyone else have Ethan as thought that people would b saying look at her just passing her baby round !! Knew it was irrational but couldnt stop ! Still get bit anxious at time but use distraction techniques and soon stop. Just try a relax bout things if the house work isn't done what's the worst that would happen ?
Have u got friends that u could meet of coffee one morning ? Would mean it's only a shortish outing and u get to have a gossip and b distracted for a bit ? Xxx

Would be lovely to do that but have none of my friend near me as moved near partners family closer to his work. So none got a good friend that I see once a week or every two weeks which is nice, just afraid to show or tell people how I'm really feeling. it's weird feeling, I'm worried people are gonna think I'm not coping so told no one other than oh and made him swear not to tell family ect. thing is I feel I can cope with my two little ones. But feel like I'm a rubbish mum! Love them to bits the bonds there with them both but since izzy wasn't well I'm frightened I'm gonna find her blue in her cot. It's awful. She is fine and Ewan is too just can't stop silly thoughts and anxieties niggling away which then makes me feel low, vicious circle! thanks for replying very much appriaciated xx

Bless ya Hun it is hard I didn't want people to know either but u would b surprised how many mums have been through the same. I certainly don't see having pnd as not coping u just need a bit more emotional support and few extra hugs !!
I hated my in laws knowing as mil has depression so think she knows it all and would try to intefer but my mum was great although has since turned round and told me it was just unrealistic expectations of motherhood !!!
U r by no means a bad mummy ! Think mums with pnd try to make the point they r coping so much that we go an extra few mile to b good mummies !! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back