Christmas Shopping

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering (mainly for Nov/Dec mummies) what is your plan of action for Xmas shopping?

i decided that when i start maternity leave on 2 decemeber i am not doing anything at all, i just want to relax until my dd on 17th December.

so i've got as far as writing up a list of who i'm buying for and my budget for each but i can't get myself any further, it just doesn't feel natural starting already, someone inspire me please?? xxx

I maybe a November mummy, hopefully not as im so uncomfortable but a posibility!
Ive already started mine, ive got nearly all of Adams stocking fillers, cars wrapping paper even got him packs of cards to take to nursery and ive got a few bits and bobs for little missy too.
I wouldnt worry to much hunny as internet shopping is always there if you need it and most of the time it can be cheaper to x x

I've brought half of mine :) wanted to spread it over my last 3 pay cheques!!

I am in that dilemma too, reckon Internet shopping is the way forward for me too. Want to relax and write Xmas cards til baby arrives once I start my mat leave on the 25th nov xx

hmm, it just feels like such a big task to get my head around it :( you girls are so good! m2a hope ur not a november mummy!!

xx

I'm trying to keep xmas gifts to a minimum this year, i think (or hope!!) everyone will understand with us having a new baby and money being tight. So far i've only bought 1 present for my mum and bought the baby a christmas teddy bear - so not doing too well myself! I think i am just going to buy in dribs and drabs over the next 6 weeks, probably do most if not all of it online. xxx

Got hubby's birthday on 7th Dec too (7days before dd!!!) so got to sort something out for that soon and my brothers bday beginning of jan :roll:

Oh don't get me started on birthdays!
My lil brothers was sept 11th
My mums sept 16th
My Step sisters sept 27th
Mine today
Dads Oct 10th
November off (I think!)
December 6th My lil sister
December 18th my Aunt
December 24th (and due date) my nannys husband

My family cost me a ruddy fortune!!

I've done at least half of it now - just a few people and some bits and bobs to get. Wanted to get it all out the way before little one gets here

Im finishing work in 3 weeks and whatever I cant get on my high st I will order on internet.
Have OH birthday on 18dec as well.

I'm trying to keep xmas gifts to a minimum this year, i think (or hope!!) everyone will understand with us having a new baby and money being tight.

I was thinking this too Dee but family and friends will end up spending a fair bit on lo so now i feel even more pressure to get them something nice for xmas :roll:

xx

I'm trying to keep xmas gifts to a minimum this year, i think (or hope!!) everyone will understand with us having a new baby and money being tight.

I was thinking this too Dee but family and friends will end up spending a fair bit on lo so now i feel even more pressure to get them something nice for xmas :roll:

xx

Yeah, i know what you mean. It's a tricky one. I'm just going to set a budget for each, like you have, and make sure i stick to it as normally i go a bit mad when buying gifts! xxx

Im dreading it too Im meant to have my baby by now but dont LO is being shy lol! but still dont fancy taking a newborn round the mad shops leading up to xmas dont think i would feel confident enough to either, so defo internet for me to!.My prob is cost, as i have 4 brothers 2 sisters, all with partners, then mom, dad and other family and friends etc and going to feel pressure as know they will be buying lots for LO too. Im single aswell so just my Mat pay to rely on :( really will be on a budget but im usually so generous etc i dont want to feel like a cheap skate. The only thing i have though so far is for all brothers sisters and partners etc buy the same equal present i.e something siutable for a guy and something suitable for the woman. Usually my gifts are personal to each person but i may be better off getting the same for each?!? im dreading it and whats even worse is my sister said no body will expect much from me ie with new baby and on my own but i still want to step up to the mark! xxxxxx

i think if ur family knows that you are in a difficult financial situation and have just had a baby then they will understand.

fortunately we aren't struggling so its hard for us not to do it. xx

I've got all the nieces and nephews presents sorted and stored away,most of Quinn's stocking fillers done too - but that's it!
I aim to have it all done and dusted by the middle of November..... But we'll see :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back