On my own this christmas.

xSuzx

Reaction score
Normally absolutly love christmas I love it all decorating the tree with the kids, christmas songs, watching the kids faces light up as the open their pressies even the hectic hypo excitement they get when wanting to play with everything at the same time.

Cooking a big calorie packed meal and then party food in the evening, followed by a simular stodged filled boxing day.

But this years different, not sure if I mentioned this on here but my hubby got sent to Bazrah for 4 months in november so won't be here for christmas, have no family round here and my mums gone to cuba anyway, I wasn't to dishearted by it at first but this is lilys first real christmas and now my decorations are up and I'm all prepared I really wish he was here.

I've spent so much time and money to make this as special for the kids this year because he's not going to be here,didn't go over the top with pressies but brought more decorations (normally just have a nicely decorated tree and a bit of hanging tinsle) and brought all new tableware and settings to make it all look special on the day, and just wish he was here to see it all :?

xSuzx

:hug: :hug: aww I hope you still have a good time, kids are what make it amazing but I do feel for you cos it must be sooo hard that he is away :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

How about you have a cosy xmas with just you and the kids and then have another xmas when he gets back. Put the tree back up for the day, make the big Crimbo dinner and buy eachother a little gift :D Im sure the kids would love 2 Christmas's :cheer: Thats what Id do

xxxx

i think tillytotts suggestion is great i hope it still goes well and you manage to enjoy it :hug: :hug:

awww hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

I like that suggestion too, such a lovely idea!

Im sure once you get up and the kids tear into their pressies, dinner gets going etc, you'll be fine....of course you'll miss him being there but im sure you'll still have a lovely day with the little ones :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you everyone,

I'm sure I'll be fine I just get abit teary about it as we have a little tradition of opening our pressies to each other on christmas eve, it seems to be more special for us doing it that way, plus I think I'm still upset that I wasn't able to send his christmas pressie as it was over 2kilos so he has nothing from me to open, I guess I just think of him being there on his own and missing everybody.

I'm spending most my time on making it extra special for the kids (I got that batterys not included booklet thing from the childrens society which is good) plus I'm making sure I get loads of pictures and videos to send to neil, think I'm going to make christmas abit more of an activity day rather then just letting them trash the house and play with toys, so we can make plenty of things to send neil.

Hopefully he'll be home for a week at the end of January so was hoping to do something like surgested then (just worry about the time since I'll be back at college then :roll: )

This years been so hectic for me. :bored: but I suppose it does make the time go quicker, this is the first time I've really thought that he's not here and he's been gone 7 weeks already!

xSuzx

Aww Suz :(
Have you got a friend or 2 to invite over for a drink on Christmas eve or anything?

We can always have a little party for you in the chatroom sometime :lol:

Hope you manage to stay positive about it, :hug:

Awww hun.... I totally sympathise with you, Brian will be here this year, but I have had so many birthdays and christmas' without him as he has been away with work or the TA, etc.

Big hugs and I think having a mini xmas when he is home is a fabulous idea.

You must be made of strong stuff :hug: :hug:

I'm so pathetic, I spend all day waiting for my DH to get home from his office job :oops:

Awww :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Christmas is such a family time, it is completely natural to miss your other half, I am sure your kids will too. Have a lovely day with the children and make sure you and your man have an extra special day together when he returns.

Thinking of you :hug:

Merry Christmas!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
im gona b on my own aswell, but im sure u will be fine hun
just think its not gona be long untill he comes home in the end of jan
merry xmas hun hope u and the kids have a fabulous day
xxxxx

I totally sympathise with you. I am a forces child - and have lots of memories of christmas without my dad.

but i do remember how much effort my mum made - and what a lovely day we had. thinking back on it now, as a married woman, i have so much love and respect for my mum, because she must have been missing my dad terribly.

you kids are so lucky to have you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back