christmas and being skint!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I really dont know what to do for every ones xmas pressies this year, im seriously in no financial situation to go mad on xmas shopping, these are who we have to buy for:

My family
Brother
Mum
Dad
Nan and grandad

His family
MIL
FIL
x2 Bro IL
x2 Bro IL girlfriends
x2 sets of grandparents

thanks for all your ideas!! Today I got a £30 voucher for m and m direct.com so have bought OH a jacket that he wants and my little bro a t shirt!! For free virtually!!
Gonna check out boots and stuff now for a load of other stuff.

Unfortunately I cannot cook for toffee so that would potentially not be great for me haha!

I was thinking for OHs parents, a "grandparents for dummies" guide as they are verrrrry excited to be Having the first grand child so thought that or some form of grandparent photo album would be a good plan!

I asked my mum what she wants, and all she wants is a dressing gown, so that's her done!

OHs brothers girlfriends like clinique and body shop, again eBay, gonna do all that and sorted!! So glad to get it finally basically sorted! And not really spending more than a tenner if that per person.

Think I'm going to venture to the charity shop up the road, and have a look in there too! Blue water it is for late November, for last minute bits

you are all very kind for leaving suggestions, you have sorted my issues!! Xxxx

Last edited:
I'm only spending a tenner on everyone this year except OH and Lacey who will get more! They can't expect alot when you have a new baby!! My mums really easy, she just wants a photo of her grandson lol but with the girls of the family I'm getting body jewellery like belly bars and the men just normal lynx gift sets! I know it sounds cheap but if you can't afford it I waste your money hun!!

I always sell stuff on eBay to fund Christmas then I buy second hand toys for the kids (after all they won't know!) and me and oh only do stockings for eatchother

Thanks ladies...think I'm just gonna do the gift set thing, go to TJ Hughes and grab a few gift sets, so expensive other wise! X

What about a 'brag book' or pics of babies for grandparents/ aunts uncles? usually snapfish or photobox do deals and 3 for 2 on gifts around xmas time!! Thats what i'm planning to do!!!

OH's sis is in new zealand so i am putting together a photo album for her with the scan pics, pics of our new house and pics of baby to send out to her so she doesn't feel left out!!

Boots are usually pretty good with their 3 for 2 gift set offers? Might be worth a look there? Or just simply ebay stuff... think about what they like and see what is around? See what you can pick up on the cheap off there. After all, its the thought that counts! :) xx

Are you any good at cooking?? If so, what about a hamper type thing for the grandparents with home made small Xmas cake, mince pies, cookies, fudge or simual things like that.

OH sisters have brought for just the children since they have had them, so as we are due Christmas time, they have said the same to us, just children and not them, so that already limits 4 presents for me to buy. Christmas time is a busy time though, not just christmas presents but a lot of close family birthdays too.

I know what you mean Lexi!

I'm quite lucky I know my Mum & Dad and Nans will just want pictures of the boys so I'm going to go in Timpsons and get some nice professional ones done on a package deal and get them a frame each; sorted ;)

My brother and sister I do stocking with little bits;

Sister - bracelets, chocolates and other general bits and a DVD :)

Brother - keyrings, silly little gadgets LOL, chocolates and a DVD :)

Then I've got the kids; no clue yet!! I mean what do I buy Jacob? The kid that has EVERYTHING! Lol

xx

im not buying my family anything, i have said to them i have to much this year as it is to pay plus i have tó travel home with noa for crimbo and that will cost.
I will buy my nephew something small from noa and my other sisters little boy that is due 2 jan will have something from Noa aswell. But thats it.
whats the fun of crimbo if its stresses you out like that? Just tell them, you have no money, end of.

We've said £20 per person this year. I just bought my neice stuff from boots today, their 3 for 2 stuff is a life saver! Bought her some gorgeous perfume, some bath stuff and some lip balm for £20! I want to have all my families stuff ready for the last week in October as that's when they're visiting so I can bundle it all at them then and they can take it with them! Saves on postage!

I hate the thought of people feeling obligated to buy xmas presents when they don't have the money...

Just make it known that you don't have any money so that other people can choose to buy you less if they feel like it and then maybe bake some christmas cookies and put them in nice bags and give everyone a few each?

I never remember who got me what anyway and i bet not many people do :)

Making your own xmas cakes and icing it would be a lovely gift and not too costly but effective!!! I usually do that for OH's nans but one of them can no longer eat so i will have to rethink what to do for her now!!!

What about filling a stocking with little treats and presents in (little perfume, chocolates, socks, gloves etc) or maybe a voucher for a shop or somewhere like Lakeside might come in handy!!!

Have a look around your local charity shops for gifts as some have new items for sale that people have handed in.
Today I found an amazing bargain...I got a brand new packaged Twister double duvet set (like the game, it also comes with a fabric dice and spinner to play the game) for my brother for only £3.50!!! Looked on google and they were selling for £25-30 and my brother will never know where I got it from cos its new!!

Also, check out www.moneysavingexpert.com which is the Martin Lewis website as they have a forum section called grab it whilst you can which people use to highlight promotional prices and limited offers which may help your to grab a store/internet bargain.

Last edited:
Make your own gifts! You could always blow up pictures of your baby and put them in frames and give them! Or you could suggest drawing names and that way you will only have one person to buy a gift for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back