We're doing Xmas!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me, My Girls & I

Reaction score
I'm so excited :yay: we've nit actually discussed it with anyone yet tho! Plan is, if the girls go to their dads (still to be discussed) we'll do Xmas with my family either Xmas eve or boxing day and Xmas day we'll have his family over! It's been a well shit year for them, so it would be a perfect time for me to indulge in my love for cooking and entertaining whilst they all relax! Plus they're all shite cooks :oooo:

OH thinks I'm crazy for already planning our meal, but I'm so excited! I need ideas for a starter! Main meal will be turkey (obvs) homemade stuffing (with packet stuff for mr fussy), honey and mustard parsnips and Parmesan parsnips, goosefat roasties, sprouts, pigs in blankets, homemade bread sauce and cranberry sauce, whatever other veg I can think of! Ooo my mouths watering already!

hmm Id do a starter you an prepare in advance. Im not sure...

Pigs in blankets are essential for christmas so Im gglad to see them on the list! It'll be fab! bet you cant wait!!

ooooh are you gonna make mulled wine?!

Of course :lol: can't be without mullered wine! I think I'm going to have to do 2 starters, one for us normal people and one for his lordship! His poor sister had to do so much cooking to accommmodate him yesterday!

Tim's been having ago at me for planning the meal already.
I'm being boring and just having soup for starters x.

I'm not a massive soup fan so that ones out! Was Thinkibg maybe melon balls and Parma ham but OH wouldn't eat the melon! Men just don't understand the planning that goes I to these things'

I'm going to have to do 2 starters, one for us normal people and one for his lordship! His poor sister had to do so much cooking to accommmodate him yesterday!

orrrr you could all stop accomodating him, if he doesnt likemelon he can leave it on his plate. thats how it works in our house Im just like "well Ive made bolognase, you dont have to eat it, whatever" and you'd be amazed how when theyre the ones having to put the effort in, all of a sudden, trying out these foods doesnt seem like such a bad idea anymore!:roll:

Last edited:
He had toast for tea the other night cos I'd done chicken in a sauce and it had carrots in :roll: I'd been trying to get
Him to try some of the girls and he wouldn't cos they had peas on their plates! I
Think it's actually more of a food phobia than being fussy!

hes got to want to sort it out himself then, you cant really help him. Although I still wouldnt be cooking anything else. Sometimes the fuss and attention onteh phobia feeds it and makes the phobia stronger. No that you'd be able to undo that now if his mother has fanned the flames all his life *sigh*

See that's the thing, my kids ave their food put infront of them they eat it ad if they don't it's tough shit! But I can't really do that with him! Ugh i dunno!

that would drive me mad! Can you eat out together?

Yea, he just orders things that can be requested without veg! We usually go for roast dinners and he'll say to them he doesn't want veg and just sits and eats beef, potatoes, stuffing ad yorkshires! Looks so bland it's unreal!

:shock: its amazing, I watched a programme on it and this 12 year old girl had literally only eaten mcdonalds chips and milk all her life. And she was perfectly healthy. Makes you wonder doesnt it!

My DH is horrible fussy about veg. Bizarrely I can get carrots and parsnips down him. Anything green is a no no. I do lots of stuff wit sauces like spaghetti Bol and casseroles and hide the veg in there :D

I'll be uber pregnant at Xmas. First year in a long time I won't have done Xmas dinner myself. I'm gonna wander over to my sisters eat there and then leave looooool.

My dad knew a guy who only ate tomato ketchup and sugar sandwiches, he had a heart attack at like 32 :shock: o think o seen the same programme as you, it's mad, they say we need 5 a day etc but people can survive on so much less!

So grateful OH likes a nice big plate of veggies with his food *phew* My ex didn't he was a right bugger!!

My dad knew a guy who only ate tomato ketchup and sugar sandwiches,

:sick: tell me not inthe same sandwich?!

What concerns me is that at some point, someone wouldve had to introduce him to these things!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back