childcare

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what other peoples experiences have been of childcare( particularly childminders). I plan to go back to work in Jan and had a first meeting with a childminder today. She has dogs ( which kind of put me off)- although I do appreciate the whole idea of a chilminder is a homely environment and people do have dogs. At the time she was looking after a boy of about 4 and the first thing he said was horrible baby " poo poo baby". I know that he's just a child himself, but the whole expereince has just left me wondering whether I will be able to leave my baby with anyone. Sorry if this is a bit of a ramble.

Personally I wouldn't use that childminder as you clearly haven't taken to him/her. My own thoughts would be that you need to feel comfortable with the person you entrust your baby to, so maybe see a few others to see if you can find one!?! :)

Yeah if you do choose to use a childminder, meet as many as you can until you get somone who feels right, ask for references then ring customers and get a truthful view on what they are like.

Dior had a childminder for 6months. when i went round i knew what i was looking for, a laid back lady thats understands im the mum and wether she thinks its rght or not what i say goes. eg one lady said she dont agree with children having sweets!!! sorry but is she your child? then im giving Dior sweets then when she goes the childminders she dont? and she said she has strict routine and after dinnner they sleep. what if Dior aint tired? she said she will leae her to fall asleep :evil:

any way i also looked for a house that looked a wee bit messy in a clean way though. lots of toys ect. one ladys house was imaculate, i couldnt see Dior having fun there.

well the one i went with in the end i liked the lok of but she turned out to not be so nice, Dior screamed when she went there, she fed Dior mc donalds every weds and thurs when she had her. but she thought ild be happy as she was paying :roll:
and i phoned her once while Dior was there and she said sorry im not with it i have just woke up :shock:

and she didnt get Dior a christmas or birthday card. she was in it for the cash i want some one that does it because they love children.

but im sure there are some great ones out there iv just had bad experience

OMG that childminder sounds shocking!! She was giving her McDonalds from 6 months???

Kina said:
OMG that childminder sounds shocking!! She was giving her McDonalds from 6 months???

she said she was giving her the bun from her burger. then when she was a bit older she was giving her chips :shock:

All that salt! What a muppet!! :shakehead: I know a couple of childminders through my baby group that had babies around the same time as me - has put me right off of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back