Childcare

mablestarr

Reaction score
Not sure if I've posted this in the right place but here goes...

How do I go about finding childcare for when baby is here? And when do I need to start looking?

I know that I'll go back to work full time, in September 2011, so won't need childcare unitl then.

I don't know anyone living around here with kids and don't even know the area that well so feel a bit unsure about where to find some information.

Also what are peoples opinions on nursery/childminder? Not too sure which path to go down.

Thanks. x

Ive only just started looking at childcare, but Ive been keeping an eye out for nurserys and seeing if there are any reviews online or if they have a website, then Im going to book and day to have a look around them.

Ive also thought about a childminder instead but id go by word of mouth with a childminder. Personally I think Id prefer a childminder as theyre much more likely to follow any routine you've set and its much more personal for the children :) x

Hi love, my daughter was 3 this week an she has gine to a nursery since she was 6months.basically if you go on your local goverment website or call they will give you details on reccomended care for baby!
I briefly had a childminder an it didnt work out, i didnt like the thought of her going to the hairdressers for 2 hours having highlights whilst my child was sat in the buggy! Which i know she an many others do do day to day tasks, pay bills, hairdresser, food shoppin ect whilst they have babies to care for.
So i put her in nursery an althou pricey £30 for a full day or approx £3.50 per hour it worked for me, she got in a routine, an most of all learnt so much she is really ahead for her age an i believ this is because she has been in a learnin enviroment from a young age!

The choice is your but i feel that nursery's are like buying a house go an look around a couple an you will know if they feel right for you an your child!

An also well done for thinkin this far ahead very organised, good to get baby name down as most have waiting list for certain days especially mondays and fridays as these are the most popular!
Gud luk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back