How much do you pay for nursery/childcare costs?

Dinski

Reaction score
We are thinking of putting our little one (who is just over a year old) in some sort of nursery or childcare.

Here in London it is quite expensive, we have so far been quoted £580 for a month consisting of 4 days per week, 9am-3pm. That is in a sort of nursery with other kids.

The other option is to put him in childcare in someone's home with other kids which is cheaper but not got any quotes yet.

Just wondering how much you pay and what that covers.

Thanks.

Ryan goes 3 days a week and that's about £500 a month. The nursery is open 8am - 6pm and it covers the cost of his meals and stuff, although we still have to provide nappies/formula/wipes when he needs them :)

I pay £3.20 an hour for Cameron to go to a childminder. This covers snacks during term time and his meals and any outings over the holidays.

Im planning on starting up in childcare fairly soon myself

blimmin' nora :shock: u guys remind me how lucky we are. my dad looks after millie 2 days a week while we both work, and the other 3 days i'm home, then saturdays i work but my boyf's home. so we dont pay anything right now. £500 a month would be a waste of time me working, as i only earn £600 a month :shock:

My nursery is £35 for a full day (9-5) and that includes meals, snacks, nappies etc. The only thing I provide is cartons of formula. D goes in one day the first week and 2 days the next x

full time 5 days a week- £128 per week . They provide everything except nappies and wipes :)

We pay £380 a month and thats for 4 days a week...which i didnt think was too bad in all honesty, it includes meals i just provide her nappies and milk.

We're just sorting ours out for September and it will be £35 a day, so I will be paying £420 approx a month for 3 days a week. :shock: Bah humbug grrrrrr

trixipaws said:
blimmin' nora :shock: u guys remind me how lucky we are. my dad looks after millie 2 days a week while we both work, and the other 3 days i'm home, then saturdays i work but my boyf's home. so we dont pay anything right now. £500 a month would be a waste of time me working, as i only earn £600 a month :shock:

Tax credits pay 70% :)

x-kirsty-x said:
trixipaws said:

Not for us, we are over the limit for tax credits help :cry:

We pay £275 a month for 2 x full day a week. We can drop him off anytime after 7.30 am and pick him up at 18.00 if necessary. All meals, snacks included. We just provide nappies and wipes.

I'm in West Sussex and the same care would cost almost £1000 a month so I think the £580 is kinda reasonable. Have you looked into private schools? I know it sounds madness but they often take children from two and a half (provided fully toilet trailed/dry etc) and just charge termly fee's which when you work it out becomes cheaper than an actual nursery....I know that's a tad older than your LO but maybe (if your not working) you could go to mother and toddler groups or playgroups instead, or even Gymbabes or something, far cheaper than nursery...unless of course you have to leave LO to go to work etc then that's not practical!!

Coor thats cheap to be honest. My Son goes 2 afternoons a week and that costs just over £200 a month and for him to go 5 days a week would be about a £1000

Tangerinedream said:
x-kirsty-x said:
trixipaws said:

Not for us, we are over the limit for tax credits help :cry:

So do you get any tax credits at all or is it just the childcare they can't help with? If we had to pay our childcare fees without their help there's no way I be working cos we just wouldn't be able to afford it :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back