Childcare and irregular shift patterns

Warley

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I was wondering if there is anyone else in the same boat out there! I work very silly shifts (on for 3 days off for 3 days, for 5 sets then off work for 16 days) so my days are never the same each week. I am really worried that I will be made to pay for full time childcare even though I don't need it.

Has anyone managed to find a very easy going childminder?

Thanks
Carley

a friend of mine works shifts, and she just pays for the relevant sessions at her nursery...

no idea how a childminder would work tho. Don't you just pay by the hour?

im a nurse and my friends use the nursery associated with the hospital they are the only one in the area that you can work aroung strange shift patterns and book them for only 1 hour here and there. i havent used them but it might be worth having a look at the nursery recommended by your local hospital?? if that makes sense

some nurserys will let you just pay for the days you use but I found most when I enquired wouldnt. A child minder might be best!

Just ring round a few and see what the crack is with the individual nurserys.

I am kind of in the same situation, accept my shifts are some lates and some weekends so really difficult....

i have looked into nurseries which will take babies from 6 months and for me to cover myself as my shift pattern changes i would need to pay for a mon-fri....and the i have a problem when i work lates and weekends i have no one to look after Amber (long story but OH cant)...

so head nor tail i am looking for another job mon-fri!

Really difficult

i work shifts and have a childminder i gave her my shifts 1-2 months in advance and she is very flexible. she only has him a day a week but if he doesn't go to her i.e i or OH have holiday or i work weekends for example i have to give her half pay to secure lukes place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back