Chicken pox......

Mrsjones1209

Reaction score
My cousin has asked me to cut her and her daughters hair on Wednesday, but she's just text me saying she's 90% sure her daughter has chicken pox!
She's asked if I can still cut her hair at her mums house (they live next door to each other) whilst her mum watches her daughter at hers!..... It should be ok ye?! Karl's going nuts telling me I shouldn't be putting myself in that position! But if I had another child, I'd have no choice? Plus I asked the mw last week as we thought my bro and sis had it (turns out they didnt?!) and she said as long as I've had I i should be fine and as long as I don't confine myself in small spaces with them or touch them unless necessary! But like I said.... Karl's still ranting and raving about it as we speak!

Karlie xxx

My son had chicken pox when I was nearly 8 mths pregnant and I had to have a blood test to check I was completely immune but said its only dangerous throughout the first trimester although I probably would have avoided it if I had the choice.

If her lil girl has the scabs then ur alright. I think its contagious 2weeks efote they come out in te scabs n spots. And if uve had it urself its very rare to get it again so u should be fine!

My friends lil boy had it when i was bk in tri 1 or 2 and i paniced! But i was ok xx

Im afraid going to say maybe not actually. I have definetly had chicken pox before but I had my bloods checked and I wa still not immune and had to get an vaccination for it after a child in my class had it when I was in the 3rd tri. Its not contagious when the spots are out but your friend could be carrying it. Chances are slim but I would air on the side of caution when you are fully cooked and could have your baby now.

I asked my mw this question last week as my brothers wifes son had it and she said as long as ive had it, its fine, also said its only dangerous in the first tri. Xx

If you had chicken pox (and you will remember because they suck) then it is fine. My kids got them both when I was in my first trimester but I am immune. I had em as a child and have been exposed to them several times after (not getting sick) incubation time is 2 weeks yes but the spots are also contagious and so is touching this child and if they cough in your face. If the mum was immune and comes round she cannot infect you because she isn't sick or won't get it again. If you have seen e kids before the got the spots you mig have been exposed to it anyway.

I have definetly had chicken pox before confirmed by both my parents and I remember thrm as well as having 2 marks as a reminder and I wasnt immune. The mw and dr said this is quite rare but it can happen.

It's not as rare as people think to get chicken pox more than once - there are actually 26 different strains of it.

Also, my understanding was that if you are quite close to term then it can be risky because if you don't have complete immunity the LO can catch and be born with pox which is dangerous.

I know people who already have children don't have any option, but as you do have a choice, I would personally avoid it. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I'd think it's likely safe but wud avoid to be 100% sure xx

hey im a childminsters assistant and e have the pox going round our place its dangerous in the first trimester ring the day unit if ur unsure but i have been fine with out little nippers at work .hope this helps x

I've just studied the immune system and there's no guarantee you're immune I'm afraid. I'd err on the side of caution. Not worth the risk, only a haircut! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back