chicken pox?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!!

I ned a bit of advice. My colleague told me at work that her daughter has been suffering from chicken pox last week and that she is covered in spots. She said she herself had it years ago when she was a kid. Now it might sound totally stupid but I have 3 spots on the belly that just appeared a couple of hours ago. I do not think it is related to this as you will need at least 14 days of incubation but just for reassurance, can you still have chicken pox when pregnant if you never had it before?

thanks for any advice.

yes hun u can get chicken pox any time at all ive actually had it twice once when 6 years old then again when i was 24 and at that time my friend was 37 weeks pregnant and caught it off me have you had any other symptoms usually before spots come out you get quite severe flu like symptoms i was ill in bed for 2 days with what i thought was flu before i got my first couple of spots good luck hopefully its not chicken pox i caught it off my son 2 weeks after his spots came out :(
xxxxxxxxxx

No I did not have any symptoms yet, i have only been in contact with this person today!!!! It must be me getting worried and it must be a coincidence i have a few spots coming through lol

But just as a precaution I will not get too close from my friend, that would be horrible to get that, especially if it can be harmful to baby, I do not know!!!

my 3 year old nephew died from chicken pox at christmas last year. He got an infection, and his liver failed, so although its extremely rare, be careful.
this is his website
http://www.ryanscloud.tk

melanie

i visited yr nephew's website, and i have to say wot a beautiful little boy, and wot a lovley website about him.. its really sad wen things like that happen to any1 and it really touched my heart reading about such a lovley ittle boy.

it opened my eyes to chicken pox as most people only think of it as ''something all kids get and recover from'' wen thats obviously not the case.

i'll be a lot more careful in the future

FUTUREMUM, hope yr ok and i hope u have the all clear, keep us posted

xxxxx

Go to your midwife and you can get a blood test to check your immunity.

My son had it and I was worried

1) I would get it from him

2) I would carry it to the kids I look after at work.

My doctor told me you cannot carry it if from one person to another (unless the carrier has "caught" it, so it's unlikely your friend could have carried it to you.

thanks for visiting sarah :'( i cant go on it, i cry everytime even though I made it. Silly me. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello

Aww you did a real good job on the web site what a horrible thing to do through i think its wonderful your making it aware to others. Take care.
Katrina oh and i had chicken pocks twice as well once as a baby and again when i wasa about 5 or6.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back