Chemical pregnancy

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

ok so I'm a bit obsessed with trying to work out what's happened this time so forgive me for speculating but I think I need to think it out and work it through for my own piece of mind. I did a pregnancy test this morning- i.e. 5 days after the m/c and there's absolutely nothing there. When I originally tested I was a bit worried by the fact that the tests didn't seem to be getting that much stronger quickly the way they did with my last 2 pregnancies. I tested and got a faint BFP on day 28 (due date) with a Boots own but got nothing with a cheapie then on day 30 I got a very faint BFP with a Sainsbury's own, nothing on an ebay cheapie but a BFP on a Clearblue Digi. I just figured that as I had some IB on day 25 maybe it hadn't had time to start increasing yet but now I wonder if it ever did? I didn't test after that so maybe it just didn't double at all. Is this a chemical pregnancy technically? Does that mean that it's more likely to be a certain type of m/c i.e. genetic or hormonal? I know it's not like I can tell really without being investigated but I'm trying to think through ways of telling myself about it if you know what I mean that will make me feel better about TTC again.

I'm insomniac again like last time although I feel ok during the day. I just lie there and think of all the things that could possibly go wrong next time :(. I know it will pass, it did last time but it sucks :x

Sorry to whine!
+++

hiya hun :hug:

As you know i had what i think was a chemical pregnancy in december - had faint tests which got a little stronger but then faded out again

When he went to the docs he said that there are a hell of alot more people having chemical pregnancys than people think because most people dont even know they are having them

I like to think that last month was my body getting back into sync as i was OV late in my cycle

I went to the doc after my chemical and he said if it happened again then it would be looked into

Dont get yourself worked up over this hun i am sure things will be ok for you when your body is ready

I wont deny it is terrifying and i am so so paranoid at the moment but i jumped back on the wagon as i felt i didnt have anything more to lose if you know what i mean

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Doctors think that 1 in 3 conceptions end in this way and if you weren't ttcing you would be unlikely to know - you'd just be a few days late and wouldn't worry. Research where a group of women working in a factory in America were given daily blood tests for hcg showed even higher levels - where conception took place but AF wasn't even late - the fertilised egg just disappeared.

It was a study I read online when googling hcg and something :think: I can't remember - but I remember reading that they thought this sample was typical and that in fact around 50% of conceptions never implant properly due to a problem with the egg or sperm or combination of the two. None of the women tested had fertility problems - so this is a perfectly normal event and shouldn't have any impact on later conceptions.

Hon i found this and it seems like an interesting read:

http://www.womens-health.co.uk/chemical.html

Im starting to wonder whether my pregnancy back in july was a chemical one as at 6 weeks i miscarried and when i had bloods done they said it was extremly low anyway.

Try not to worry yourself like nw1 said hon, you'll end up sitting there for hours racking your brain.

Just remember that firstly you can get pregnant so that within itself is a good sign, and also that you have had a live birth an even better sign for good things to come, what im trying to say is if you didnt have that it would be unlikly something is seriously wrong.

:hug: kissesxxx

Hi,

thanks for the replies, that really helps :hug:

+++

Steelgoddess said:
Hon i found this and it seems like an interesting read:

http://www.womens-health.co.uk/chemical.html

Im starting to wonder whether my pregnancy back in july was a chemical one as at 6 weeks i miscarried and when i had bloods done they said it was extremly low anyway.

Try not to worry yourself like nw1 said hon, you'll end up sitting there for hours racking your brain.

Just remember that firstly you can get pregnant so that within itself is a good sign, and also that you have had a live birth an even better sign for good things to come, what im trying to say is if you didnt have that it would be unlikly something is seriously wrong.

:hug: kissesxxx

Hi,

yes that's the article that got me thinking and testing this morning actually. I just sent it to my mum as she didn't know what it was, she said that with me and my brother she didn't even do a test until about 10 weeks. She also says that she wonders how many late AFs were actually chemical pregnancies too....

+++

Hi Rosebay,

Really sorry to hear about the chemical pregnancy - I haven't been on here for a while and was wondering how you were getting on.

I think the same thing happened to me in May 2006 - had a late period, pregnancy symptoms, period started and then when I did a test I got a very faint positive; I also had the miscarriage last year at just over 6 weeks although the tests were a bit stronger.

You've had a baby before, that in itself is proof that you can do it, and it will happen for you again (I'm sure of that). It is the most difficult thing ever trying again, and being pregnant after losing, and the worry never stops (I'm nearly 18 weeks now and am still worrying) but I really do think it's worth sticking with it.

All the very best and take care. :hug:

Hi,

thanks DaisyRose. Well I've decided to have some acupuncture as I really feel the need to change something before trying again, just to feel more positive if anything else because otherwise it's difficult not to just think it's going to keep happening and I am so obsessed right now it can't be good. I've had my first appointment and I'm already feeling more positive, at the very least I would like to be in a better mental and physical state to cope with either pregnancy or loss next time. He's recommended a 3 month wait until TTC and I was actually just relieved when I heard that as I think I need to sort my head out for longer this time.

Thanks for all the continuing support ladies, it means a lot
+++ :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Rosebay,

You sound much more positive - that is really good. I think alternative therapies are well worth exploring, must say I was about to do the same before I got pregnant again; even bought a book 'Enhancing Fertility Naturally' which gives a pretty good run down of what is available.

Giving yourself a bit of a break sounds like a good idea too; in many ways I think it takes more courage to do this than to leap onto the wagon again immediately. I only wish I'd waited longer until trying again; fortunately I didn't fall pregnant again straightaway which was a blessing as I needed to have an operation on my finger which may not have been possible if I'd become pregnant again too soon. I was a right mess too, and now looking back realise that I really needed those few months to get my head around what had happened to us. Physically, I'd given myself virtually no time between stopping feeding Rosie and trying again -I should have done that to allow my body to return to normal for longer too!

All the very best and take care :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back