Changing the spelling of DD name after 5 months?

MamaJay

Reaction score
User unavailable

Last edited:
Hi :wave:

There's absolutely no way that I would've pronounced Tahlie as Tarrrrrr-lie! I read it's pronunciation as Ta-lee. Personally I wouldn't change the spelling. Not only does it sound beautiful, I love the original spelling! I would just politely correct people until they got the pronunciation right. Totally up to you though hun. x

Last edited:
Thai would presume it's tah-lee (I.personally.prefer it to tally, but that's me) I'd you want to be clear then.I'd change ut, waterfall.It's just the spelling

I don't think you should be judged at all. Which spelling to do prefer though? If you like it as it is I would keep it. People will only need told once!

Hi :wave:

There's absolutely no way that I would've pronounced Tahlie as Tarrrrrr-lie! I read it's pronunciation as Ta-lee. Personally I wouldn't change the spelling. Not only does it sound beautiful, I love the original spelling! I would just politely correct people until they got the pronunciation right. Totally up to you though hun. x

I'm the same. To me it's obviously 'Tah-lie- not 'tar-lie'.

I would have read it as tarlie. I like the new spelling. I agree there's no need to feel bad. I would probably change it to prevent a lifetime of mis pronunciations and corrections

If it's bothering you go ahead and change it. If you've had hassle getting people to say it right for the last 5 months imagine what her life will be like correcting people.

Coming from someone who's name is NOT Joanne, I can tell you people do not just need to be told once. My name is Joanna and I've spent he hole
Life shouting A! AT people who call me Joanne. It's got to a point now where unjust give in and respond to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back