Spelling of names

mermaid

Reaction score
How do you decide on the spelling for a name when the name you like has several different ways ? Maybe it is because I am a teacher that I think so much about it lol! I hate it when names are spelt in a strange way for the sake of it but the name we like (which I'm keeping secret incase anybody sees) does have a couple of different spellings. :think:

Lol, not much help when I won't tell you name is it! :shakehead:

mermaid said:
Lol, not much help when I won't tell you name is it! :shakehead:

LOL not really! For Damien (which you can spell Damian, Damion, etc) we picked his middle name (Ayrton). So because his middle name began with an A we decided again the spelling Damian, just too many A's. So Damien was the best bet, and it sounds more masculine too.

altho there aint many Braydon around i still wanted it to be different so instead of it being spelt braiden i spelt it braydon im a difficult one soorry

Think you just have to follow your heart, we're thinking of Isabel for a girl, and had to think of how to spell it, i've just let OH decide but ruled out spelling with 'z' so he decided he liked Isabel - nice simple spelling, and i like it too. I think there are 4 or 5 different ways to spell it, so i'm sure there will be many mis-spelled letters and cards in the future for her. We're going to spell shortened as Issy.

Write down the different spelling, and start eliminating to see what you end up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back