Shock 2nd pregnancy, DD 5 months old!

Sal88

Reaction score
Hello

Thought I'd introduce myself to you all. I used to come on here all the time when TTC DD1 and while pregnant. It took 18 months before I finally got pregnant but DD is now 5 months old and I've just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant again!

We're both delighted but I'm a bit taken aback, I'm shocked at how quickly I fell pregnant and now feeling a bit guilty. I love my DD so much, am worried she won't get the attention while I'm pregnant and with newborn. I've already got crippling backache that comes and goes and am exhausted. Any tips?

Sal

Wow - that's fantastic news that your kids will grow up so close in age- congratulations! :)

Hi and Congratulations!!! Don't put too much pressure on yourself honey. Just relax and enjoy both the new pregnancy and your new bubba x x it doesn't get any easier, our daughters 5 years old and and I have the same worries though of course it'll be easier for me with an older baby but I'm sure you're a great mum and will continue to be so. Allow your OH to shoulder some of the weight and help you out x if you're anything like me you'll try to do everything all at once! Let OH help out! x Hope this helps x

Hi Sal, well I won't say it's easy but well worth it,

I was also a month or so pregnant when my 2nd baby was just 5 months old. They are 13 mths between them and although a boy and a girl rather than same sex , it's getting easier now with clubs and activities! My little girl will go up from beavers into cubs soon and then they wil be together , less drop offs collections etc. I have found it so much easier with holiday clubs and age ranges for baby groups etc.

When I was staying in hospital having number 3 , I missed my boys first steps, but we used the hospital cutlery to tempt him across the ward and show me that night!

If you get a double buggy, a full double rather than one with a toddler seat , as they will be at the same stages for a while.

I used to put the baby bouncer seat/ carrycot inside a soft playpen/travel cot in the lounge, so when out of the room, I didn't worry about the older one touching the baby or lieing on her as they do!!

Fully recomend it, would love to do it again this way, after this pregnancy , but not sure If I can pursuade hubby to let me have 5 kids!!

Wishig you all the best in your new pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back