• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Changing in public

Bee7

Reaction score
Today was the second time i've taken Jack out without my OH (round of applause please haha) and the first time i've changed his nappy while being out. This probably sounds really petty and a bit OCDish but i really didn't like changing him in public changing rooms. Me and my friend went to a family pub so it obviously had a well used changing facility and it wasn't filthy or anything, but all i kept thinking was all of the other babies who had been changed on there and it made me feel a little icky. I carry a portable changing mat around with me so i just put that on the board. Think i'm going to have to man up a bit with things like this.

Anyone else get a bit grossed out by these kind of things? x

Yeah hun I'm exactly the same lol I have this little fold away mat I use and I carry anti bacterial wipes with me so I give the surfaces a once over before I use them. I hate using public toilets myself I'm really funny about that kinda stuff lol xx

Anti bac wipes are my best friend!! Lol!! We use a little changing mat on the one they provide!! Dunno who has been there before do you??
xxx

I'm exactly the same, I must look like a mas woman with my Dettol wipes cleaning all the surfaces, BUT would sooner look crazy than LO pick up some sort of nasty! :lol:

i think portable changing mats or even a blanket you're gonna wash are a good idea.

I have a changing mat, dettol wipes and hand spray lol. There's more bacteria on the taps in a public loo than on the loo seat.......

I'm a dettol wipes user too! I tend to change LO on the back seat of the car if I can rather than use public facilities! Grosses me out too!

Lol, must only be me that's not bothered too much.

Sooner change her than leave her sat in shit and get a nappy rash

Yep I'm another public toilet/baby changing room freak! Antibac wipes, hand sanitiser, the works!

I found some disposable changing mats by pampers, so I carry one of these in my changing bag too, for any really icky places. That way I can put LO on it and bin it afterwards, instead of putting my fold up may bag in her changing bag with bibs, bottles etc.

I put his mat on top but I've done it on a few benches or in a few parks.

lol i only had to change her in one once and used my portable change mat. i have since bought antibac hand gel

I'm not hugely fussed either. Lol.

I don't dettol a loo seat before I sit down, so don't really sea it as any diff.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I'm not too anal about it now but I was very OCD when she was little. I always have anti bac wipes with me but only use them if it actually looks dirty but then again if it was too gross i'd just change her on my knee! I use the anti bac wipes to wipe down the high chairs that pubs provide if im giving ella food in it

I'm quite OCD, I have antibac wipes, hand gel etc and changed him in back of my car yesterday as there was no changing facility in the public toilet and I wasn't going to set him on the floor!!!

I don't wipe down the surface, I'll just put my mat down. I like the ones that have the roll you can pull over the mat and discard after (like what they pull over bed in drs room)

Glad I'm not the only on who is not overly fussed.

I use my portable changing mat but don't dettol or anything.

We go out loads so she is changed in public places alot.

On tapatalk so can't see tickers :-(
Excuse the typos, phone has mind of its own.

Its the lack of care in the facilities that bother me! I've been in ones with overflowing bins, no hand towels and bad smells.......x

Under no circumstances would i leave him sat in a dirty nappy. Public changing rooms are obviously preferable to that. But yeah, i'm glad i'm not the only one who's a bit anal about these things. I even put loo paper on the seat when i go to public toilets haha x

What I don't understand is a lot of changing table things are in disabled toilets yeah? Why the hell are the doors do heavy?

It's bad enough getting in with a pram, let alone if you were in a wheel chair!

I've only been to one really clean baby change and that was in an asda of all places I don't normally use antibac wipes but if it does look horrible I will I hate changing facilities in diabled toilets I go into my work and have a coffee with a friend of mine once a week and I can guarentee somone has missed the toilet and pissed on the floor which when it's like that I'd rather change him on my knee than that! I always use handgel before and after aswell as washing my hands just cuz I hate having dirty hands I even do it at home. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back