Changing appearance

LouisecH said:
I'm a former goth - although I wasn't a very god one because my freckles just didn't match the blue/black hair. I'm just a mishmash mess now.

I was a crap goth too as my dad wouldn't let me dye my hair black until I was 16. So I had blonde hair!!!

goth isn't really about image, it's about an attitude. the sort of things you are interested in, the music you listen to. the image isn't really the most important part of being a goth.
(my hubby is your original 80s goth...although he doesn't look like one now...he's always waffling on about this sorta thing lol. his words, not mine ;) )

My issues with appearance aren't about what I was and aren't now, it's more that I'm no longer happy with my appearance. No real reason I just hate the way I look now :(

goth isn't really about image, it's about an attitude. the sort of things you are interested in, the music you listen to. the image isn't really the most important part of being a goth.
(my hubby is your original 80s goth...although he doesn't look like one now...he's always waffling on about this sorta thing lol. his words, not mine )
Yes, that's how I consoled myself over the freckles!
I based myself on the original goths (my older cousins were goth) - I'm slightly too young to be an original but too old to be a Marilyn Manson goth.

LouisecH said:
(my hubby is your original 80s goth...although he doesn't look like one now...he's always waffling on about this sorta thing lol. his words, not mine )
Yes, that's how I consoled myself over the freckles!
I based myself on the original goths (my older cousins were goth) - I'm slightly too young to be an original but too old to be a Marilyn Manson goth.

manson isn't goth *tuts and shakes head* deary me! lol. (another of DH's pet hates- so called mansonite-goths. i think he's instilled it into me lol)
those "mansonite-goths" are almost as bad as the "slipknot-goths"!
come on now, the cure is goth. sisters of mercy are goth. fields of the nephlim (or however you spell it) are goth. type o negative are goth. manson and slipknot are soooo not goth.
i always get called a goth for listening to alice cooper...it's like WTF?! lol

aww now youve got me remembering the good old days ive had my hair blonde black pink and blue but my mum went mad when i dyed my hair blue she made me wash it out because it was semi permanant and it went a horrid green colour everyone at my school called me hannah menthol for months :oops:

come on now, the cure is goth. sisters of mercy are goth. fields of the nephlim (or however you spell it) are goth. type o negative are goth. manson and slipknot are soooo not goth.

I love all of them! I've seen the cure twice and they were brilliant.
(by the way I am aware that manson is not goth which is why I was eager to differentiate myself :lol: )

LouisecH said:

I love all of them! I've seen the cure twice and they were brilliant.
(by the way I am aware that manson is not goth which is why I was eager to differentiate myself :lol: )

hehe my hubby would be so jealous that you've seen the cure.

Hubby and I had our night out last night - we went to Wendyhouse at Leeds uni - its on every 3rd saturday of the month - they play alternative/goth/80s stuff.
Twas good....but I was so desperate to get drunk and it never happened. Not for lack of trying. It's just that the vodka there was so gross (really cheap nasty stuff) that after 3 vodka and cokes I just ended up feeling sick, but not drunk...just sick from the taste.
So I tried washing it down with a vodka & baileys, but that was sooo strong I nearly gagged.
Then I tried a lager, which was alright but didn't do much other than add a brewers yeast taste to my already queasy stomach.
So to finish off I had a southern comfort and lemonde, but they again used the most nasty lemonade ever so I only managed to drink half of that.
So after that I just had a nasty taste in my mouth, a slightly churny stomach, and nothing else. I wasn't even tipsy. I was just sober and feeling sorry for myself lol!
Ah well, at least it meant I didn't wake up with a hangover like DH did! ;)

ETA: this is where I went
http://www.thewendyhouse.org/

It was nice to get back to wearing "me" clothes again (even if I ended up not wearing my goth type clothes because I was too hot - I settled for baggy jeans, a vest top, my dog collar, and rather splendid makeup (I've perfected the art of the heavy black eyeliner which goes into a kind of flick drawn at the side of the eye...does that make sense?). ;) Still though I think I'm getting too old - I was yawning all night lol

Sounds good although the thought of vodka at the moment makes me feel like attaching myself permanently to the toilet.

I saw the Cure once at Glastonbury 10 years ago (elbowed my way to the front row :lol: ) and once when they toured a few years ago.

I'm gonna be totally different here and say that I'm more comfy with my appearance now. :cheer:

I've always been a size 12+ so i've never been able to show off my tummy or my legs and arms and always covered up in baggy t-shirts and jeans. Since having Reece I dont really give a shit now and wear tighter more fitted clothes although my belly still stays covered!! Also I'm now slimmer than I've ever been (still a chunk though) so that makes me feel a bit better :D

lol

since having joshua i have been on a slow downhill slope where i cant be bothered. i would never have tied my hair up in a ponytail before i had joshua and the only make up i own is a mascara and lipgloss, oh and the eyeshadow that i bought for my wedding. lol

so i have just ordered £17 worth of make up from Avon. going to weight watchers tomorrow and i am going to try and make an effort (mind you this will only last a week!!). i cant believe i am sitting in work with my hair scraped back and only mascara on. :(

going to weight watchers tomorrow and i am going to try and make an effort
WWs is brilliant. I lost 3 stone with wws and kept it off. It's a good giggle too if you make some friends there. Just make sure you stay to the meeitngs because they do make a difference. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back