Real Tears! :-(

Amanda

Reaction score
I had Charlie on his changing mat after just being bathed, and was getting him dressed. He was a bit niggly as he was tired, hungry, and I'd taken him out of the water which he loves, so was kicking about while I was putting his clothes on. Somehow he managed to catch his little hand on my engagement ring and it scratched him. :( I think it shocked him as he absolutely screamed. He did one of those holding-the-breath screams, so I picked him up to cuddle him better, and when he had stopped crying, I laid him back down, and his eyes, eyelashes, and left cheek were all red and wet. :cry: His first real tears, and it was because of my engagement ring. :cry:

He's now fed, dressed and fast asleep with a little red mark on his hand. :(

Its horrible when the real tears come, as you know when they are really upset or hurting :cry:

Bless him, i'm sure Mummy's cuddle made it all better :hug:

I haven't worn my engagement ring for ages, when I was able to wear rings again after giving birth (my fingers were too swollen during the late pregnancy stages) I was afraid to put my engagement ring on for just this reason, I was beginning to think I might be able to wear it again.... then I read your post.

Nicky_Jones said:
I was beginning to think I might be able to wear it again.... then I read your post.

opps!! hehe

I hate the really tear crys, I get them all the time now but you feel helpless to stop them :(

Ellis first one was when i bashed his head on the door frame!!! :oops:

xxxx

Hi

aww poor guy i hate when they cry like that im sure he will be fine when he wakes up :) :hug:
Katrina

ok i'm worried now..i dont think haydens ever had any real tears? when he cries he just screams and goes red there arent any tears....when are they meant to get tears??

oh good i just found this on a website...

Newborns start making tears when they are about two weeks old, but often it is just enough to keep their eyes moist and not enough to make real tears that you can see when they cry. Infants often don't develop real tears that you can see until they are much older and about seven or eight months old

bless. i done the same thing but at the same time you feel like you've done the most horriblist thing in the world. things will get worse when they start to bang their heads, or catch something on their faces.
i still panic like mad, and eveyone tells me they will get a few marks as they start to get about :cry: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back