cbfm - do you dtd on all high days and peaks?

Dawnt87

Reaction score
As the title says really... this is my 2nd cycle of using the cbfm and I have got a high on cd8,9 and 10 (today) we've dtd on 8&9 so just wondering am i supposed to do it every night that i have a high/peak?

Hey dawn, I dtd every other night on high and on both peak days...x

Hi
Hope you don't mind me posting on the TTC thread when pregnant but thought I'd share my experience of CBFM....

I dtd on all peak days (I usually got 2 peaks), and the day before and day after - because the peak is indicating that you are about to ov so in order to make sure that I had the best chance of the swimmers making it, I thought I'd do it the day after too!! Although sperm can live in the body for a few days so you are probably fine if you just dtd on peak days.

Hope that helps x

Can I ask you both mrs v and mouse, how many months were you tycoon or using the monitor before u got ur Bfp? This will be my 2nd cycle

Hi Dawn,
Glad it helped - if you have any other questions, then ask away, I'm happy to help.

I conceived on month 3 using the CBFM - I wasn't TTC before this either so it was month 3 for me.

I think CB say 89% conceive in first 3 months?

That's great to hear this is my 2nd month over all, I only got 2peaks last month on cd9&10 so I think the machine was giving me inaccurate info as this month it seems to be working more "textbook" if u get me? I.e I got a high on cd8,9,10&11 (today is cd11) so I should get 6highs(?) and then 2 peaks on thurs&fri then a high on sat then I'm in my 2ww?

Yeah the day after your peak is the first day of your luteal phase and the start of the 2WW....how long is your luteal phase normally? I would think it was accurate last month - it is normal for your Ov date to shift month by month by a day or two - or even a week!

You can have a 28 days cycle every month but still Ov on different dates every month too - are your cycles normally regular?

The CBFM gets more accurate the more it's used, because it remembers the previous months data. So your highs (in theory!!) should decrease - by month 3, I had 3 days of highs then the two days of peak, then one high and back to low. Compared to month 1 where I had something like 17 days of high and no peak! lol

Bizzarely, I have just lent my machine to my mate who is TTC, this is her first month and she got peaks on CD9 too - same as you did!! It threw her into a right panic because it came so much sooner than expected, but I was well jealous because I didn't get any peaks until month 2!

xx

Cycles are 27/28 days and have been for the past 4 years r so. Not 100% about lp, if the monitor was right then last month it would have been 17/18 days. So guess Ill have to wait and see! How are u feeling? Is this ur first? Xx

Hey dawn, I was ttc for 8 mnths, but got caught second mnth using the monitor, the lady I bought it off also got her bfp second mnth, I'm convinced it was the cbfm that got us our bfp. Good luck hun xx

Thanks mrs v and congrats!! Feeling v excited now!! X

Hey girls! Im also using the CBFM - im on my 4th month using it! I love it but wish the sticks where a little cheaper...where do you get yours from?? x

Cycles are 27/28 days and have been for the past 4 years r so. Not 100% about lp, if the monitor was right then last month it would have been 17/18 days. So guess Ill have to wait and see! How are u feeling? Is this ur first? Xx

Well I'll keep everything crossed for you!!

Pink Butterfly is somewhat an expert on these things too - the font of all CBFM knowledge!

Yeah it's my first - very excited about it all, got my scan Friday so I can't wait to see my baby!

I got mine from
eBay if I'm not pregnant this month I'll need to buy more for next month so I'll prob try eBay again, where do u get yours from butterfly?

Good luck for Friday mouse!! X

I got mine from
eBay if I'm not pregnant this month I'll need to buy more for next month so I'll prob try eBay again, where do u get yours from butterfly?

Good luck for Friday mouse!! X
I used to get them from a chemist around the corner from me as was doing a box of 20 for £12.99 but they have put the price back up now (not sure to what...think about £21.99) i still have 2 months worth of sticks as stocked up on them when they where cheap but if dont get my BFP soon will prob also look on ebay as think that is the cheapest place to get them.

LOL Mouse9210 - maybe i should get up a help website! heheh x

I love my little CBFM but wish it would get me my BFP soon! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back