Castor Oil????

claireabell

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you ladies have tried it to help induce labour??? One of my friends said to warm it up and put some orange juice with it...I know one of my other friends tried nearly two bottles of it but she just tried drinking it and did nothing but be sick for hours :puke: Has anyone tried this and would you recommend it?
Cheers ladies....xxxx

I posted about this a couple of days ago and was told on no account should I try it as it can be dangerous. Clears EVERYTHING out so you can end up with serious diahrrea which can also affect baby in utero. Have decided to give this one a miss, just not worth it.

Thanks for that miracle babe...maybe I'll give that one a miss too then...doesn't seem worth it...thanks hunnie..... :hug:

Taking castor oil does sound gross. I am looking for ideas to induce labour naturally though. Anyone here successfully used any methods that began labour?

its known to be dangerous because can cause baby to poo en route and swallow it....Also very uncomfortable for you...is meant to be a big no no from alot of docs and midwifes :)

Soozee said:
Taking castor oil does sound gross. I am looking for ideas to induce labour naturally though. Anyone here successfully used any methods that began labour?

Sorry hun so far I've tried

1.Sex
2.Pineapple
3.Liquorice
4.Raspberry leaf 6X since 34 weeks
5.Long walk
6.Spicy food
7.Coming down stairs on bum

And guess what?.........I'm still here :x Guess Budge is right LO will come when ready :roll:

Well miracle babe...looks like we just have to be patient and our babies will arrive when they are good and ready....I've tried everything you've tried and still no joy.....At least you get your sweep this week....tues isn't it? I've got my appointment with consultant next Thurs, hopefully I will get one then...and a date for induction.....fingers crossed though baby will come before then...didn't fancy being induced with this one...did that last time. I think it would be quite exciting to go into labour in the middle of the night.....oh well we'll just have to see....fingers crossed for you too miracle babe.... :hug:

mum2bclaire said:
Well miracle babe...looks like we just have to be patient and our babies will arrive when they are good and ready....I've tried everything you've tried and still no joy.....At least you get your sweep this week....tues isn't it? I've got my appointment with consultant next Thurs, hopefully I will get one then...and a date for induction.....fingers crossed though baby will come before then...didn't fancy being induced with this one...did that last time. I think it would be quite exciting to go into labour in the middle of the night.....oh well we'll just have to see....fingers crossed for you too miracle babe.... :hug:

Thanks hun I'm rooting for you to go naturally, try the stairs one my MW swears by it but maybe my cervix just aint ready. :hug:

Have to say the thought of the Cervical Sweep gives me the shudders :|

Hmmm don't think I'm looking forward to the cervical sweep, it doesn't sound pleasant...you'll have to let me know how you get on and what its like...I would try the stairs but mine are wooden so don't fancy giving that one a try.... :lol:

ive tryed it n it doesnt work. i have tryed alot of things, so i have just gived up. im goin in hospiatl later

[/quote][And guess what?.........I'm still here :x Guess Budge is right LO will come when ready :roll:
todays lesson... always listen to auntie budge!!

our resident smurf talks sense :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back