• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Carol Thatcher a racist?

widowwadman said:
SarahH said:
Some people just turn a blind eye for a quiet life

Personally I find that horrid. Because that way people start thinking that use of of"nigger", "paki" and "******" become acceptable, as they're never challenged

And that's why I'm glad the BBC didn't just turn a blind eye.

I'm ashamed to say I didn't confront my cousin because it would have caused upset at the dinner table and also what do you say on facebook....I didn't know what to say tbh :think:

My grandad made a racist remark infront of my sister, whose bf is Andrew I talked about earlier, and she still gets angry about it now.

It gives you an impression of someone that sticks and this will always be over Carol Thatchers head now and rightly so I think. She hasn't even done the decent thing and said sorry :shakehead:

Lou said:
Oh you meant like a gypsy site! I thought you meant people who caravan :rotfl:

:D

I find that offensive, too. Gypsies are just another culture which is singled out for abuse.

laetitia85 said:
Lol bless :D It's ok to say black you know. :hug: Or you can say 'other races', or asians, africans, etc. it's perfectly fine. better than coloured! I hate that word! hang on... aren't we all coloured? white is a colour too, isn't it? :D
Or peach! As my children say! :lol:

This is a bit off topic but on the suject of offence!
I was a bit offended by the person who implied that all people who live in trailer parks, gypsy sites, travellers etc are of a lower intelligence! Isnt that just another form of racism!? Or segregation!? :think:

widowwadman said:
Lou said:
Oh you meant like a gypsy site! I thought you meant people who caravan :rotfl:

:D

I find that offensive, too. Gypsies are just another culture which is singled out for abuse.

I'm romany so I know what you mean :think:

lea m said:
laetitia85 said:
Lol bless :D It's ok to say black you know. :hug: Or you can say 'other races', or asians, africans, etc. it's perfectly fine. better than coloured! I hate that word! hang on... aren't we all coloured? white is a colour too, isn't it? :D

I was a bit offended by the person who implied that all people who live in trailer parks, gypsy sites, travellers etc are of a lower intelligence! Isnt that just another form of racism!? Or segregation!? :think:

True, it is another stereotype that offends people.

lea m said:
laetitia85 said:

My family are Irish gypsies (my mum was one of 16) and I have an IQ of 176. I don't see how it follows myself :rotfl:

debecca said:
lea m said:
laetitia85 said:

My family are Irish gypsies (my mum was one of 16) and I have an IQ of 176. I don't see how it follows myself :rotfl:

I don't want to speak for the lady who made the remark about trailor parks but the fact that she said 'trailor park intelligence' made me think she was refering to an American term and not directly talking about our gypsy culture :think: Thats just what I thought though because I thought she was talking about our lovely homely holiday caravan sites! :lol:

Me too! Unless I have scared you off with my aggressiveness! :D

I have traveller blood in me, my Mum is a gypsy and was born and brought up in a Wagon, and i find that term deeply offensive and do not consider myself unintelligent!(sp) haha i say that and then make a spelling error lol but back to the point, that is just as offensive as racism in my eyes so you are completely contradicting yourself!

christmasbabygirl said:
I have traveller blood in me, my Mum is a gypsy and was born and brought up in a Wagon, and i find that term deeply offensive and do not consider myself unintelligent!(sp) haha i say that and then make a spelling error lol but back to the point, that is just as offensive as racism in my eyes so you are completely contradicting yourself!

Who is? :think:

christmasbabygirl said:
angelfairy said:
.intelligence level of a caravan site try
sorry for forgetting to quote!!!!!
Lou said:
debecca said:
lea m said:
laetitia85 said:

I don't want to speak for the lady who made the remark about trailor parks but the fact that she said 'trailor park intelligence' made me think she was refering to an American term and not directly talking about our gypsy culture :think: Thats just what I thought though because I thought she was talking about our lovely homely holiday caravan sites! :lol:

As I originally pointed out in my comment, I refferred to caravan site as a British way of saying trailor park - its a term commonly used in America. I in no way referred or intended to refer to gypsies or travellers.

angelfairy said:
christmasbabygirl said:
angelfairy said:
.intelligence level of a caravan site try
sorry for forgetting to quote!!!!!
Lou said:
debecca said:
lea m said:
laetitia85 said:

As I originally pointed out in my comment, I refferred to caravan site as a British way of saying trailor park - its a term commonly used in America. I in no way referred or intended to refer to gypsies or travellers.

Thats what I thought you were saying. I have no idea about the way this term is thought of in America so I can't really comment further :think:

valentine said:
debecca said:
I have an IQ of 176.

Show off! I want to hear your comments on this debate brain box!

Valentine Xxx

I am intelligent enough to know that any comment I make will be pounced on and misconstrued within seconds, so I'll hold fire. I did say a few pages ago before it turned into a fistfight that I think Carol didn't INTEND to be racist but that she is clearly exceptionally ignorant and stupid.

debecca said:
valentine said:
debecca said:
I have an IQ of 176.

Show off! I want to hear your comments on this debate brain box!

Valentine Xxx

I am intelligent enough to know that any comment I make will be pounced on and misconstrued within seconds, so I'll hold fire. I did say a few pages ago before it turned into a fistfight that I think Carol didn't INTEND to be racist but that she is clearly exceptionally ignorant and stupid.

Come on thats not fair, who had pounced on who? :think: and who had a 'fist fight'?

:?

christmasbabygirl said:
oh right sorry for taking it the wrong way and jumping down your throat then

not to worry, its all healthy debate afterall and we've been snowed in again so its either play on the forum or eat more food :shhh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back