• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Carol Thatcher a racist?

Jade&Evie said:
Lou said:
Well don't read this thread or post on it then! :roll:

Go and have a cuppa Lou and come back when you don't want to offend half of PF! :hug:

I'd have a quick read back at what you've posted love then talk to me about being offensive.

I thought you were all for opinions?

You've been on a wind up all day Lou- either PM me or stop running everyone's opinions that differ from yours down.

Can I just say... as some of you are talking about the word nigger.

As a black person I hate that word. Whether it is used by black or white people. I wish people would stop using it. The debate about 'Nigger' being racist and 'Nigga' being a friendly term like 'mate' is bullsh*t in my opinion! (not that any of you mentionned it :hug: ) To me it's all about acknowledging the history behind it.
But that's me, I can't speak for every black person out there.

mummykay said:
sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me

well thats just what it was wasnt it - words

had she taken a baseball bat to a black guy then yes, i would take that as racism as well as fuckin silly

the racism card gets pulled out more times than my whorebag mates willy and its a joke now

anyways im in a bad enough mood as it is and hav had enough of people dictatin what the rest of us should be thinkin so meh, cant be fagged

words do hurt though - look up the hoistory of the word nigger (or paki) and see what harm these words have had on people. To compare it to being called a brit isn't on, its not the same thing at all. Racism isn't about beating up people from other races, its demeaning them, making them second rate, treating people differently becauser they look different.

It may have just been a "word" but it has terrible connotations and its use is never justified.

The use of Nigger by some black people is about the reclaimation of the word, taking the power out of it. There was a brilliant programme on channel 4 where Harvey from So Solid Crew was all for using it and went interviewing both young and old black people, looking at the history of the word and ended up saying he wasn't going to use it anymore as he had no idea what the connotations of it were.

laetitia85 said:
Can I just say... as some of you are talking about the word nigger.

As a black person I hate that word. Whether it is used by black or white people. I wish people would stop using it. The debate about 'Nigger' being racist and 'Nigga' being a friendly term like 'mate' is bullsh*t in my opinion! (not that any of you mentionned it :hug: ) To me it's all about acknowledging the history behind it.
But that's me, I can't speak for every black person out there.

Glad you said that. I hate that nasty n word :x

I don't agree with the use of the word golliwog in that context (though I had the books as a kiddy where it was a doll).
I don't think she should have said it but it was in private - as in not intended to be overheard and I doubt that she is actually a racist. We all use words now and again which just come out which we really don't mean in their proper context.

I don't know about racist, but I think it was highly offensive and ignorant. Just because she didn't physically harm the person doesn't mean it's ok. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me? Names do hurt people :think: I'd be upset if someone called me a derogatory name, don't pretend you wouldn't Mummykay :wink:

beanie said:
mummykay said:

had she taken a baseball bat to a black guy then yes, i would take that as racism as well as fuckin silly

the racism card gets pulled out more times than my whorebag mates willy and its a joke now

anyways im in a bad enough mood as it is and hav had enough of people dictatin what the rest of us should be thinkin so meh, cant be fagged

words do hurt though - look up the hoistory of the word nigger (or paki) and see what harm these words have had on people. To compare it to being called a brit isn't on, its not the same thing at all. Racism isn't about beating up people from other races, its demeaning them, making them second rate, treating people differently becauser they look different.

It may have just been a "word" but it has terrible connotations and its use is never justified.

The use of Nigger by some black people is about the reclaimation of the word, taking the power out of it. There was a brilliant programme on channel 4 where Harvey from So Solid Crew was all for using it and went interviewing both young and old black people, looking at the history of the word and ended up saying he wasn't going to use it anymore as he had no idea what the connotations of it were.

complelty agree. :)

Jade&Evie said:
I thought you were all for opinions?

You've been on a wind up all day Lou- either PM me or stop running everyone's opinions that differ from yours down.

I have nothing to say to you on pm I can't say here. I haven't run anyones opinions down thank you. Why don't you respond to the post I made about your young mums comment? that would be more usefull instead of trying to single me out to be an arsehole.

At the end of the day, there are words that people use that some find offencive,others dont. One word that boils my blood is ******, which I notice is used on this forum ALOT and it bugs me, but I never jump down peoples throats or ask them to be banned etc for using it.

If it bugs you glaze over it and move on....

SarahH said:
At the end of the day, there are words that people use that some find offencive,others dont. One word that boils my blood is ******, which I notice is used on this forum ALOT and it bugs me, but I never jump down peoples throats or ask them to be banned etc for using it.

But not everybody can turn a blind eye, I for one won't. I have pulled people up on this forum for saying ******. Its not on.

Lou said:
SarahH said:

But not everybody can turn a blind eye, I for one won't. I have pulled people up on this forum for saying ******. Its not on.

Some peoplejust turn a blind eye for a quiet life

beanie said:
mummykay said:

Exactly, I agree with that. Try telling all the black and asian people who've tried bleaching their skin or scrubbing the colour off thats its not offensive. I know a little Indian girl who is 7 who said I wish I had blonde hair and white skin so people would like me and not call me names :(

If you would happily go up to someone and call them to their face paki or nigger then let me know but I bet not many people would. And if you wouldnt then ask yourself why.

SarahH said:
Lou said:
SarahH said:

Some peoplejust turn a blind eye for a quiet life

Stuff that! If something offends you or upsets you then speak out!

SarahH said:

I agree with you, it's not nice at all.

i really wish that i could get bothered at bein called some of the names that have been thrown at me for bein mixed race/half cast/half and half etc but i dunno, i jus embrace it the same as i would with 'cocky up her own arse thinks shes it and loves herself tart' - if people have given up their time to hate you then pffft balls to them, whos the loser there LOL
BUT THATS JUST ME

ill be teachin jamie the same, if someone calls u a horrible name then u jus shove them into a...no im kiddin haha, just ignore them and dont rise to it - thats their opinion plus kids call eachother names that theyve heard from their parents or grown ups anyway so its not like u can stuff their ears with cottonwool

all thats off topic anyway, carol thatchers an irritant and thats my opinion

I hate the word nigger. It sounds aggressive and intimidating. It makes me think of missisipi burnning.

Gollywog though reminds of the doll which admittidly is a black doll and it also reminds me of marmalade and saving up hundreds of the sodding tokens to get a gollywog.

As for being white, you dont get much whiter and peely wally than me. I challenge anyone to having whiter legs than mine. They are so white they have a blueish tinge.

Just thought I would throw my tuppence in.

lauramumof2 said:
I hate the word nigger. It sounds aggressive and intimidating. It makes me think of missisipi burnning.

Gollywog though reminds of the doll which admittidly is a black doll and it also reminds me of marmalade and saving up hundreds of the sodding tokens to get a gollywog.

As for being white, you dont get much whiter and peely wally than me. I challenge anyone to having whiter legs than mine. They are so white they have a blueish tinge.

Just thought I would throw my tuppence in.

i accept the challenge, my legs are pretty white!! :)

Any other takers. Im in Scotland too Claire, this could be down to the fact is it rarely warm enough to wear a skirt without tights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back