Car crash!

Penstraze

Reaction score
Hi ladies hope you are all well! I haven't been on for a few days as things have been abit hectic! I finished work saturday and sunday when we went out for a Pizza for tea some idiot drove into the back of our new car (well its not new but new to us we brought it a couple of weeks ago but its 05 plate so quite new) it wasn't a big bump he just clearly wasn't paying attention although tried to blame DH for braking without warning :talkhand: he was a compleat twat about it all and couldnt see it was his fault.
Baby wasn't moving afterwards and Im res neg so we went up a&e to be on safe side as was very sore on bottom of bump where seat belt had pulled, had to be wheeled from a&e to delivery suit in wheel chair to be put on monitor to be on safe side I'd have much rather walked but they said its not allowed! Was such a relief to see babies heart and she then started kicking away, midwife said when putting monitor on she could feel me having tightenings but might be her cold hands, I was on monitor for an hour (they said it would be half and hour but were very busy) at one point babies heart beat went mad really high then low then nothing on monitor which scared me but DH got a midwife and she said baby had kicked monitor away and it wasnt reading her anymore so they put it back properly, the montior showed I was getting tightenings for a while they thought I could be in labour, that was quite scary I was 36+2 weeks and on my first day of maternity couldnt believe I might be having baby already, had to have an internal to check I wasnt dialating but had to wait for docs not being quite term yet, was a long wait and hurt like hell when she did it not had a internal so sore before she never said anything to me about her findings found it really horrible that she never told me anything and had to wait ages before midwife came in and told me she was a new doctor and needed to discuss me with the experienced doctor who was currently doing a emergency c-secion so would be awhile! Eventually she came in and told me all was fine I have a slight erroison on my cervix which is often normal in pregnancy but I must book a smear after have had baby (something to look forward to!! lol) they were happy I wasn't in labour and baby was fine and were just waiting for my blood results back on whether I needed more anti d, my pulse and blood presure were high when they first checked but they came down once I'd got over initial shock of crash so all was fine eventually got the decission I was to have anti d had to wait another hour to have it and have notes written up and finally went home at 2am!!! My pelvis is very sore now and walking is uncomfortable but I'm doing ok and so is baby so thats main thing! Went to see docs yest about pelvic pain yest she wasn't very sympathetic but said it would go with time, ended up crying whilst there think must have been delayed shock again she said it was normal but found it very embarrasing as I say she wasnt very sympathetic, have midwife tomorrow they rang when they saw on my notes about crash to ask me to come in to tomorrows surgery but had appointment booked then anyway they are all loved so prefer to talk to them!

Sorry bit long has been a hell of a week already in lots of ways but we're both fine so thats main thing, hope you ladies and bumps are all well!

How scary :hug: glad all is well with bubs and I hope you're not in pain for too long

If it's any consolation the other driver would be at fault even if your OH had 'braked without warning' as he should have left enough space to stop too. I used to work in insurance & we got idiots trying to use that excuse all the time, when someone hits you from behind it's automatically found in your favour (unless there's a witness who says you reversed into him :) )

OMG! thats terrifing! so glad all is well! get some rest and pamper yourself for a few days.

Glad to know that you and LO are ok.. just rest up and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take care
Kathy x

Wow what a week! Don't worry about the internal, I found mine really horrible and painful and hated every minute of it! And she tore my cervix a little bit so that was extra pain! Some M/W's and doctors can be so moody! I'm sorry they weren't very nice to you. Also don't you find sometimes their not very reassuring when your nervous about something like an internal?
Glad your ok and hope your not sore for much longer :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

What a nightmare start to maternity leave for you hun :hug: So glad you're all ok though and bubs is doing fine.

Take care of yourself,

Sarah x

Thanks girls I really appreciate it, it was very scary at the time and such a huge relief that baby was ok is frightening how a quick trip to the take away could easily have had a sad out come Im finding that quite scary and dont want to drive now (even though I wasn't driving) and keep worrying about something happening to baby!

maybebaby said:
How scary :hug: glad all is well with bubs and I hope you're not in pain for too long

If it's any consolation the other driver would be at fault even if your OH had 'braked without warning' as he should have left enough space to stop too. I used to work in insurance & we got idiots trying to use that excuse all the time, when someone hits you from behind it's automatically found in your favour (unless there's a witness who says you reversed into him :) )

Thanks yeah we did try to explain this to him and as DH was indicating and had stopped awhile before he hit us it wasn't even like DH break without warning!!! :roll: We have a willing witness who saw the whole thing and gave us his details which we passed on to insurance company so is all being sorted sounds like insurance company want to push for personal injury compensation, I don't normally like that kind of thing but they guy was so confrontational when it was clearly his fault, could see I was heavily pregnant and didnt even ask how I was or anything, and the whole night was so traumatic if we have a case I wont feel bad about following it through!

Oh my god you poor thing!! :shock: :hug: :hug:

I'm so glad they checked you over properly and made sure you and bubs are both ok :hug:

Sorry about the hip pain, must have been a real shock for you sweetie!

Hope you get back to normal soon :hug: xx

Oh dear! :hug: Really sorry to hear about that especially when you only just started your maternity leave! Really glad your all ok though.
Me and my OH had a car accident when i was about 17weeks pregnant and i had delayed shock aswell, it took me by surprise as i thought i was ok too until i broke down crying! So dont expect to feel totally fine for a little while give yourself time to get over the scare of it all :hug:
Also hope your pelvis/ hips feel better soon x

:hug: :hug: oh no poor you, i know how scared i was just taking a little tumble

glad you and babys ok!! :hug:

Oh gosh im so glad everythings ok !! :hug:
Though i did LOL at the man who said your OH " braked without warning" lol How can you brake without warning!? You have brake lights for that and also I dont know anyone who sticks a sign up saying "Im about to brake" :roll:
I wouldnt feel bad about a personal claim either too hun! What ass doesnt even ask a heavily pregnant lady who he happened to just hit their car are they ok!?!? :evil:

:hug: :hug: Awwww glad all 3 of you are safe, car crashes are scary at the best of times let alone having a LO in your tummy xxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug:
poor you - the twat obviously was too scared to ask how you were incase it indicated his guilt!! twat - i hope your oh gave him hell!
as my text buddy - if you had your baby before me there'd be hell to pay :shakehead: :shakehead: :) :)

Thanks girls what lovely replies :hug: definately helps make me feel beter! Im still abit tender and seeing physio at the hospital tomorrow, but saw my midwife today and baby is doing well, shes still at the brim but not engaging so looks like she wants to stay put for a while longer which is fine with me! (for now :lol: )

jills10uk said:
:hug: :hug:
poor you - the tw*t obviously was too scared to ask how you were incase it indicated his guilt!! tw*t - i hope your oh gave him hell!
as my text buddy - if you had your baby before me there'd be hell to pay :shakehead: :shakehead: :) :)

That made me laugh! :lol: Don't worry little miss isn't even engaged yet and is under instructions to stay put for next two weeks so I can enjoy all my visitors and a bit of pampering before she gets here but she can come from the 5th september on wards, hopefully your little one wont be late and will be here by then! How are you doing? Do you think you might go early had any signs yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back