Can't stop testing

Blisa

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could maybe help, this is my 2nd pregnancy, I had a miscarriage 1 and half years ago. Got a positive result on 5/10/16, I instantly changed the moment I got it. I've taken 6 clear blue digitals, 2 clear blue easy and a clear response cheapie all have come back positive. I take one every day, constantly panicking and googling. I don't see my midwife until Thursday, although when I spoke with the maternity unit I was told I could not have an early scan unless I'd suffered two miscarriages :wall2: any advice would be helpful, I feel so anxious!
Thanks

I am on baby #3 and I am currently crossing my legs dying for a pee but trying to wait until the postie is here as I have 2 digi's on the way

I have used 14 cheapies, 2 Frer, 4 clearblue plus and 2 digis already.

It's natural to be anxious, even after we get that 1st scan the worry never really goes until you have your baby safely in your arms. Then it's a whole other world of worry!!

You will get used to it. Promise.

Congratulations to you on #3, how lovely! I feel as though the more tests I take is going to eventually make it ok. I just need to try and relax I guess. I won't know anything until my 12 week scan, however if I've calculated right I'm 5weeks 3 days. We were actually having tests because we hadn't conceived since the miscarriage. Big shock, of the best kind. I've banned myself from buying anymore now, thank you for your advice, I wish you well with #3! :)

I think it's perfectly normal hun...I had a mc last month at 5.5 weeks pregnant...we have been so lucky to catch again straight away...il be 5 weeks tomorrow and had bad cramping yesterday so automatically panicked and POAS! Got mw tomorrow so will do last digi in morning xx

Congratulations to you too, sorry to hear about previous loss also. So very hard having to wait, I've also been told when I see the midwife there isn't much she can do either, I have to wait till 12 week scan. So sitting on my hands until then! :oooo:

I tested every day until 7 weeks. I only used the cheapies and it did make me feel a bit better. Do what you have to do to stay sane! I resisted the more expensive tests by looking up cute baby items that cost the same, I figured if it is going wrong it will and if it isn't it won't and if I've saved the money I can buy something cute. Congratulations and good luck :)

I've put them all together in a picture and realised just how much I'm over doing it! But also it's nice to see all those positives! :)

Attachments

• Collage 2016-10-11 10_45_07.jpg
    Collage 2016-10-11 10_45_07.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 22
Aww @snowbee what a really lovely idea!! Considering I've spent nearly £50 if not more on them now, my partner has said the same, testing every day won't change what will happen! Definitely resisting now, wait for the scan date! Congratulations to you and wish you all the best with your little bean :):)

I was doing them everyday till 7 weeks I'm still doing them once a week but convinced something will go wrong!

I was doing them until around 6 weeks. Then I had a blood hcg done and it was stupidly high (95000) and figured even if the worst happened it would take weeks for a hpt to tell me I had a scan at 7+2 saw the hb and I have another scan on Thurs were I find out if it still has one when I'll be just shy on 10 weeks. It did feel good to get the 3+ though.

😱😱 I never thought of it that way at all, I wanted a blood test done, but was told I couldn't have that 😔 I'm going to try relax and think positive (pun intended😂) congratulations on you're little bean too! Wish you well! My partner has no idea when it comes to things like this, and I don't really have any friends who've been through it. So thank you all so much ladies! 💜🙊

I was doing them everyday till 7 weeks I'm still doing them once a week but convinced something will go wrong!

I know how you feel! I'm panicking at every little twinge or pain I get. I hope all goes well for you too! Wish tri 1 would hurry up really, when I went to the doctor she was like oh great news that's amazing then in the next breath she said don't get too excited alot of early pregnancies end in miscarriage, it totally deflated me! So I rushed to buy another test, changing my doctor too! Guess it will have to be patience for now 😫

that's awful a doctor shouldn't say that!

In my doctors surgery there are 4, and the one I usually see was off on holiday. So the doctor I seen is a very ignorant woman, I seen her after I'd had my miscarriage and she said it was time to grow up. I put multiple complaints in about her and also never knew it was her I was seeing the other day until she called my name, should've refused now I think about it! Putting in another complaint about her, she shouldn't be working in a job like that if she doesn't know how to work with the public, silly woman!😒😡

My digi this morning said 2-3. It should be 3+ by now? These things can drive you mad too. Not stressing though, will wait a few days and try again x

you might be over 6 weeks before you get a 3+ hun depends on how quick your hcg rises

I get confused with the digital ones too, I'm supposed to be 5 weeks + 3, but I'm still getting 1-2, so not sure if maybe I'm not as far on as I think. But yeah I agree just being patient and biding my time! Try not to worry, as will I, I know it's so hard :hug:

Try not to read too much into the digi results, with my last pg when I knew ov dates etc and tested with a cb expecting 3+ I didn't get it (and not with the next one either!) and my little boy is 20m and asleep in his cot now! His was my first pg not long after an MC and I tested obsessively. Just not buying any more tests is the best way. Eventually as you get further along tests will likely show fainter lines or a false negative due to the hook effect so it's likely just going to make you more anxious eventually. Just try and take one day at a time and relax.

Got mw appt today (5 weeks today) so did a frer (my line came up darker than control line) and my digi came up 2-3 :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back