Is this just a faze???

babyA

Reaction score
Since Ewan was 5 weeks we implemented a bed time routine and this worked a dream coz from this point we had him sleeping through. He had a dummy as he was a very sucky baby and we would put his cot mobile on. In the last month ewan stopped taking his dummy and has started pulling up on furniture, crawling and walking with his walker. Now when we go to put him down he is straight up in his cot screaming. He is also waking in night sometimes. Thought its was teething but dont think it is just seems to want a cuddle or wants to crawl around. Im hardly letting him nap now as thought maybe he was sleeping too much, which is why he wasn't going down. We are now letting him cry it out and going in every 5 mins and comforting then repeating. It doesnt take very long 15-20 mins max last couple of nights he has stopped before we go in at 5 mins. Was just wondering how everyone else put there lo down at night and what has worked? I feel horrible just walking away with him screaming for me. Any ideas or is this a faze they all go though due to new found freedom??

Our 9 month old son is going thru this exact same stage!!! How frustrating!! He usually sleeps thru the night perfect but hasnt for the past 3 days... his even being like this with day time naps! He also went thru this at 4 months when his teeth were coming thru.. Im thinking this is a teething stage again as his also putting his hands in his mouth and biting down which is not usually like him!!

Wishing u the best of luck and hope this phase passes quickly... its sooo tiring isnt it?!! xxxx

Hey there, sounds like you are doing the right thing :) we had almost the same with Owen, he needed to be left to cry nothing else would work (there's a very recent thread by me about controlled crying) and now he goes down, sometimes cries for 5 mins, most often talks to himself for anywhere up to 20 minutes and is sleeping much better. Lots of the girls on here have advice on controlled crying and it helped so much. It's a horrible feeling when I spent 10 months oging to his every noise but he has learnt to do it so well and every time he falls asleep on his own I am such a proud mummy :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back