• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can't feel the baby's moves yet - normal?

Cleobaby

Reaction score
I'm 17 weeks pregnant and feel no moves whatsoever, is it normal? I know I am a panicker but I started to worry, especially after reading that some ladies started to feel it in week 9:shock:

You shouldn't worry at all, they usually say you'll feel it about 20 weeks if it's your first, but it is common for it to be a bit later, and it's likely to be earlier if it's not your first. I felt little tiny tickles (that a could barely notice) from about 18/19 weeks then first proper kick at 20+3... hope this helps put your mind at rest!

Thanks a lot, yes it put me at rest.
I forgot to say it's my first (hence the panic :)) and I'm 17 weeks. (normally the signature does it for me but somehow I can not find it in my Cp

I think it's a really individual thing and probably depends a lot on the way the baby is lying in the womb and how sensitive you are around there. I only really started feeling what was definitely baby at about 19 weeks.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and that you'll be feeling your little one just fine in a few weeks time :)

i have had few flutters on a off for couple of weeks but this is my third, but saying that not felt anything for couple of days. think its the position it is in as heard heart beat yesterday. think it is a very individual thing with my first didnt get regular definate movements till bout 20 weeks xxx

i did not feel anything until week 19 almost 20 and that was my 2nd so dont worry its really really normal

I was 21 weeks before i felt mine. M/W says its due to it being the first and muscle tone (ha ha, yeah right!) etc. Don't worry bout it hon! x

this is my 5th and i felt her 1st actual kick at 19 weeks movement before that could o been baby or wind :)

Thank you all so much. It did calm me down, I wasn't sure I could wait for my second scan on June 20th..
All the best for your little onions and bananas inside ;-)

Hiya

Im 5 months today and I'm yet to feel baby bean kick :) I had my 2nd scan on Thursday and everythings fine and he/she was wriggling around like mad.. I was so worried that something would be wrong. I'm about 5"9 and about a size 10 so thought I'd feel something really early! But learnt everyone is different. Everything is fine and baby is the right size etc so its put my mind at rest! :)

Hope this helps :)
Becky

Thanks Becky.

I am a bit more "curvy" - 5'7 and size 10 - 12 so I thought that's the case. lol

By the way, did you find out whether you are having a boy or a girl? We are still sooooooo not sure (I'm having my second scan on June 20)

i was same coudlnt feel baby move but after me 20 weeks scan seeing it move about make me relax more a didnt feel movement till after 23 weeks this me second baby and am size 10 12 so guess every1s defo different x

Hiya Cleobaby,

No, we were adament we weren't going to find out from day one. But on the day bubs didn't want to play lol so we had to go for a walk up and down the corridor for a bit, along with a few star jumps!! then she let me have a wee (was the nicest feeling in the world I was desperate lol!) And lie on my belly!! Just to try and get the babay to face the right way lol. When we were waiting to be seen again my bf said ' I wonder if she knows if its a girl or boy' and it put that doubt in our head then lol so we went back in and asked her but bubs was being such a pain that he/she kept there legs up for the whole apt! So we never found out in the end, so I think it was meant to be :)

Sorry for the longgggg post! I get so excited talking about it Lol!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't appologoze, I love reading those stories.
In a way I secretly hope our bubba will try one of the yoga poses crossing the legs so this way he / she will decide for us :).
Anyway, I am still in team yellow and we're kind of going for unisex nursery anyaway.
All the best to your little wriggly banana

hey :)

well I just started to feel my baby (I think!) now, but I am myself a small girl (normally size 6/8, a bit bigger now ;) ), so maybe that's why I could feel it a bit earlier?

I can't feel anything during the day anyway - only in the morning before I get out of bed. That's when you are most relaxed, and don't have any food-related feelings to interfere. Maybe try this? I just lay quietly for some time with my hands on my tummy.

If you still don't feel anything, don't worry. My mw said that first mums-to-be usually feel their baby first time at 18-20 weeks.

Best of luck xx

I still haven't felt any kicks, but this week have been feeling lots more flutter/bubbles and maybe hiccoughs which has put my mind at ease ALOT!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back