cant cope

Duds

Reaction score
Im having a bad few days & really struggling with Aimee. Im worried she is turning into a real diva. She was teething last week so was grumpy but the past few days im sure she is just being naughty... she just doesnt stop whinging and screaming, she spent 85% of her day like it yesterday and today seems to be going the same way & i really dont think i can handle it much more, i dont have the energy to chase after her anymore and its like she knows it.
What can i do?! she doesnt want to play with anything, if she does its for a few mins, even the tv isnt working! my DH is away so i have to manage on my own.
I can feel myself getting really angry, why is she moaning all the time?? is this norm behaviour of a 17month old

Am i not giving her enough attention or maybe too much?
:roll:

All normal and you're tired hun - course you are. Let her moan and run round - as long as she isn't in any danger just sit and watch her.
Is there anyone who could give you just an hour's break so that you could at least feel more positive about it all - or is the weather good enough to take a walk with her outside and wear her out a little? :hug:

thanks for your reply, i do tend to ignore her so i dont rise to it but she just goes on and on, i dont have much family apart from my mum who is moving at the mo so is busy & isnt around much anyway & the only friends i have are either working or live too far away.
Its chucking it down at the mo & has been all week which really doesnt help :x
I did go out in the rain for a short walk earlier but cant go far cause get too knackered now. God knows what its going to be like when no 2 arrives - im terrified!

So do they just go through a phase of not wanting anything but to moan??
x

Yes - till they're about 21 :rotfl:

only joking - yes I can remember Josh going through this and I wondered what was wrong with me. I think it's frustration at not being able to do everything they want to do - and learning that they can moan :D
This may seem like a bizarre solution but does LO like baths? If so sit in the bathroom for half an hour and let them play there. Or find something completely new for them to try - sticking and gluing - find a kids page on the PC (if TV is broken you can find favourite TV characters on here instead.) Take a bus ride - you don't have to go anywhere just do a circular ride. Being stuck inside can send you and them crazy. :D Find a toddler group every day of the week if needed, at least you get to go out and chat to other mums. And get friends to call round in the evening if they're working - again being able to get it off your chest will probably help. :hug:

Well in a normal day for Aimee she spends about 90% of her time awake moaning. She spends half the night moaning too so I'm hoping it doesn't last too much longer. Some days she hardly touches her toys and just wonders round the house getting up into trouble and the crying cos I won't let her draw on the walls, wash the floor with some buttered bread or play in the toilet just to name a few.

Leah has her days and omg she cant half scream. She doesnt cry and moan she squeels at the top of her voice and it ear peircing. She is 19 months so I guess its pretty normal for babies this age.

If leah gets to much i put her in the buggy n go for a walk. or stick her in her cot. she kicks off but eventually goes sleep and wakes up in a better mood.

Hope things get better for you.

Sounds totally normal to me, Jack can moan and whinge for England and nothing seems to stop him
With you being PG you will be extra tired as well which makes it double hard
It does get better though i have an 8 year old and not many grey hairs to prove it LOL

I find if he is really doing my head in i will make a coffee make sure he is safe with his toys and just sit on the doorstep for 10 mins or so to get my head back together
:hug:

aw hun sorry you are having a tough time :( i think they can get quite frustrated at this age as they want to be ablt to tell you things and they cant. alex often gets annoyed at me when i dont understand him and sometimes throws himself on the floor in a paddy! :roll:

if the weather is better next week maybe we could meet up in town? might wear her out to run about with alex in the park!

i cant believe you are 33 weeks already, its gone so fast!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

Sorry your going through this hun, sounds normal for our LO's age, Kiara does the same thing and i end up in tears somtimes.
It will be hard when our LO's arrive but i think its normal behavior :hug:
Katrina

Brody is also getting to be very stubborn and has the occasional tantrum when i do something like try and take a pen off him or something.

Hiya, my LO has his off days too like your daughter aimee, but i find its when hes bored and the little sod screams, crys all day touches things and does things he doesnt! It dont happen everyday thank god and im grateful when he goes to bed at night!
Try some new toys or get her doing something different, i know how heard it is dealing your toddler whe n there like that and like me you have anither on the way! good luck!

i think its a normal phase, ryan is goin thru the same thing, i think its down to frustration, they know what they want to say and do but cant yet get their point across.

Ryan has these huge 'mega fits' as i call them when sometimes i'll say or do somethin n he decides he doesnt like it for no real reason n then he goes crackers for about half an hour screamin.

drives me mad.... i'm holdin it together just knowin it doesnt last too long :hug:

I think it's normal hun! We have to have the patience of angels! Or failing that put her somewhere safe and sit in the garden for a few moments to cool off occasionally. I see red sometimes when I've had a whole day of it but then just 5 mins off not being right there in the middle of it usually sorts me out. Trouble is that once you lose it you end up saying no more and then they get antsy with you even more and it just spirals :wall: This morning Mel has tipped half a jar of hot chocolate all over the floor, posted several biscuits and letters through the front door, opened the fridge door every time I shut it for about 20 mins while I tried to wash up (a lock is on it's way!), wailed because I wouldn't let him play with the hot kettle, wailed because I wouldn't let him unravel the tape in a couple of videos, flung everything that wasn't tied down around the house, flung the clean wet washing all round the kitchen (after having turned the dial mid-wash AGAIN so it took twice as long).... I could go on! They are little things on their own but added up it means you're on guard all the time doesn't it! Arrgh! My Mum says that the brighter the child the more hard work they are as a toddler, at least that's what she's telling me so maybe it's true!!

You're a great mum hun, it's not you and it's not her it's just the joys of toddlerhood for you both. At least they are INCREDIBLY CUTE several times a day or I'd leave! Just when I start to wonder what's going on I get a hug round my knees or he says a new word or something cute and I'm totally besotted all over again :)

+++

Hope things are better duds, girls are supposed to be a lot harder work than boys...you sound like you're doing a great job. :hug:

Rosebay said:
This morning Mel has tipped half a jar of hot chocolate all over the floor, posted several biscuits and letters through the front door, opened the fridge door every time I shut it for about 20 mins while I tried to wash up (a lock is on it's way!), wailed because I wouldn't let him play with the hot kettle, wailed because I wouldn't let him unravel the tape in a couple of videos, flung everything that wasn't tied down around the house, flung the clean wet washing all round the kitchen (after having turned the dial mid-wash AGAIN so it took twice as long).... I could go on!

+++

:rotfl: that sounds like a typical day in our house too lol!! ya have to laugh or you'd cry

i hope things are better duds, its hard work and only made harder by being pregnant :hug:
:hug:

i have those days sometimes too. ollie pooed on the patio and drove his cars through it over and over again. I went out to see what he was doing and was mortified, he was covered in poo. then he pulled the cutrain rail down, drew on my wall and floor, and to top it off went on my bed and wee-d thro the quilt and mattress. nice.

OMG! That takes the biscuit! What do you DO with those cars now? Milton or bin? Yuck! Mind you what a great story to store up for his first girlfriend heh heh!

+++

kellie80 said:
Well in a normal day for Aimee she spends about 90% of her time awake moaning. She spends half the night moaning too so I'm hoping it doesn't last too much longer. Some days she hardly touches her toys and just wonders round the house getting up into trouble and the crying cos I won't let her draw on the walls, wash the floor with some buttered bread or play in the toilet just to name a few.

Sounds exactly like Kieran used to lol!!! She'll grow out of it soon :hug:

First of all big :hug: to you. Wish i lived where I used to then i could come over and give you a hand :(
I'm sure its just a phase amiee's going through ( I think it lasts 18 years!! :wink: ) I hope it gets better for you soon hun. Pm me if you need to talk :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back