sleep issues

Duds

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

im posting this here in hope than more people will see it and might be able to give me any advice as i cant handle any more sleepness nights! (apologies now for the moan)

Aimee has always been a pretty good sleeper since we got her into a routine at about 4 months (she was bad as a baby) but over the last few months she has been v irratic- either not napping well but mainly not going off when put to bed.. sometimes she doesnt create much, just takes a while. she's been waking a few times in the night regularly too.

Last night was the worst, we put her down at 730 she was quiet for about 15mins then started whinging leading to screaming... she wasnt really upset just making loads of noise. Usually we would just lie her back down and go out which we might have to do a few times but she would settle eventually. Anyway, she wouldnt .... after an hour we gave her calpol even tho i dont think she was ill cause as soon as you went to her she would stop and lie there, we tried staying with her and sitting by the cot which she was quiet but still wouldnt sleep (sat with her for an hour) as soon as you left she'd go mental again... this lasted for over 5 hours !!!!
I was pulling my hair out in despair.... i dont know what to do.... :(

We decided the only thing to ttry was to sleep on the floor next to her, as soon as DH turned the lights on and started banging around she started to settle... dont know if it was pure exhaustion or the overdose of mediced!
Is it poss she could suddenly be scared of the dark?

She still got up normal time, i am absolutly shattered and really cant cope with it. I'm about to drop and am tired enough.... i now feel sick and have upset tummy prob thru tiredness...
Im NEVER going to cope when the baby arrives if she isnt any better :( :( :(

Any tips or ideas what the prob might be ......

Best thing is don't be with her all the time, otherwises they soon cotton on! Rileys great now, we had to do control crying, but it worked a dream, he has slept perfect all night since he was 4 months. (except when we go away, then he's a bugger!)

Has your little girl given up anyday time sleeps too, mine used to sleep wake up at 8am then have two day times naps, then sleep from 7.30 at night, he has one now, but that is a push! I just leave him and check to make sure he as not chucked his bear and dummy out and put him back in bed, then leave! Seams to work. We will see. But when we go away, my hb mothers him a little and he always ends up in our bed, which he never does at home! :sleep: So best to be tough I thing, its hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back