cant believe it :)

claireo

Reaction score
im so excited, the midwife says the babys pretty much fully cooked now and is just gainin weight. i cant believe its so close. im so excited, feel like its christmas.
i honestly cant believe im in the actual month my baby is due now. washed all his wee clothes and packed a bag for me and him so we're pretty much ready to rock and roll. hope the next couple of weeks dont drag too much :D

some one needs to give me a good shake, im go burst with excitment. Cant wait to meet my wee boy <3

How exciting hun! :yay: Packing your bag always makes it feel so real too!

woop how exciting, i hope i can make it to that stage im so happy for you hun :D xx

That must be an amazing feeling, i still feel miles away lol! I hope the time flys for you honey and look forward to reading your birth story and seeing a picture of the little one x

Good luck to you, so exciting for you both (get some spare camera batteries in you baby bag,and spare SD card, just incase!)

wwwoooo!so excitied 4 u 2. i cant wait to get where you are now. just think 3-4 weeks time u'll be a mummy!!! x

Aw wow! It's so close now!!! x x can't wait to see your lo x

wow! can't wait to be at your stage... enjoy every moment hun and I look forward to seeing piccies of your little one soon xxx

Don't blame you for being excited - 3 weeks or anytime really! Have you had any niggles?

thanks everyone.

yeah i had loads of wee niggles for past week but i had a scan today, my last check up at hospital (had a few problems at 23 weeks with bleeding so i got extra scans etc) and he was measuring in at about 41 weeks. eek, wonder if hes going to be a wee fatty hehe.

just wondering though, never thought to ask today (was in shock he was measuring in bigger), and will check when i see mw next week, but his head went 1/5 engaged at 33 weeks but he's refused to move down any further, hospital didnt seem worried so im guessing its ok, but is it normal for him not to have fully dropped by this stage??? has anyone else had that??

Sometimes they don't fully engage until labour - is this your first?

yeah its my first, does that make a difference?

woo hooo!! i'm not far behind you but you're in the actual month now!!! can't imagine how it feels. bet you just want to meeet him now!! xxx

It can make a difference if you've had more than one they tend not to engage fully until labour - but i'm sure it is nothing to worry about - you still have 2 weeks to go and 33 weeks is early for bubs to engage so he/she maybe just taking its time with the rest x

i'll see my mw next week so i will ask her about it then, im just worried because i never engaged when my mum had me and neither did my brother, she had to have sections with both cause of a narrow pelvis, which alot of the women in my family have had aswell. id really hoped for a natural birth but he seems to have stopped. either hes just lazy cause he's male, he really likes it in there or his head is stuck :S lol fingers crossed he'll shimmy bit further down soon.

thanks though

i think i'm in same position as i thought my babys head was engaged but his feet always kicking my ribs still, unless he's really long i doubt he's fully engaged yet. but don't worry i'm sure you will claireo! the MW would tell you if she thought you needed c-section or owt too :D when you see her next? xx

ive spoke to her right from the start about history of narrow pelvis in the family but she said they will let me labour anyway to see if i can manage and if i dont then c-section which is what they did with my mum.
ive started gettin a wee bit pain/pressure in my bottom today especially when the wee one moves, is that a good sign???

Have you read Ina May's guide to childbirth? She talks about pelvic sizes in it. Your pelvis isnt a fixed frame, its got ligaments holding the pieces of it together and the ligaments stretch in labour because of hormones. A lot of doctors now realise that its very rare for pelvic size to prevent a woman giving birth naturally. Youre perfectly designed to do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back