can you have an mc before your period is due?

julesc

Reaction score
hi girls - here's the score and am looking for any advice or similar stories to rest my mind!!

I have a long cycle so ov around day 19/20 (used clearblue kit)
by day 24 i started spotting and thought yeah, implantation! but it has continued and has increasingly got heavier to the point today at day 31 its almost at af level but not quite.
so af is due day 34, 3 days to wait to tect for bfp.
im worried that potentially we had the beginnings of a sticky but then i have lost it before i might even get a bfn!!
to make things even more confusing and worrying, i had a mc in july and i followed a similar pattern, only i only had mild spotting and i made it to 5 weeks before i lost it.

any advice? If it is an mc again, i want to know so i can pester my gp for blood tests
if it isnt a bfp - what the hell was the really early period about!!!

confused.com!

Hi Hun,

Just read your post and it made me think!
I would assume miscarriage before missed period IS possible, as by the time you miss you period you are already 4 weeks gone. Therefore, although it would be VERY early - it would still be a miscarriage.

I then thought, hmm, I'll google this and google came up with the same sort of answers except, aparently this is called a 'chemical pregnancy' .. This is what one website said......

A chemical pregnancy is like a cruel joke. You take an early pregnancy test around the time your period is due that shows a faint positive. Naturally, you get excited and start spreading the joyful news that you're expecting. Then, a few days later you get your period and the doctor says, "It was just a chemical pregnancy." Meanwhile, you're left confused and possibly devastated. The term chemical pregnancy sounds like a false positive pregnancy test, as if you were not really pregnant at all. But the truth is that a chemical pregnancy was indeed a conception and is actually a very early miscarriage.

Hope this helps xxx

Im so sorry hunny if this has happened to you :hugs:

Its is definately possible and i know that because while i was in hospital the other week, the doctor told me that every women in there lifetime has approx 3 mc, some to early to even notice that it has even happened.
Im sorry for the horrible fact but i just wanted to answer your question x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys,

this helps and I'll definiely go to the GP either way if i get BFP or BFN this weekend, as if its not a positive I still want to discuss the possibility it was a chemical and to get some tests done. I know the norm is for them to wait until 3 mc's but i pester hard enough you never know!
will keep you informed.

Thanks guys,

this helps and I'll definiely go to the GP either way if i get BFP or BFN this weekend, as if its not a positive I still want to discuss the possibility it was a chemical and to get some tests done. I know the norm is for them to wait until 3 mc's but i pester hard enough you never know!
will keep you informed.

:hugs: Goodluck at the docs hunny, keep us posted how you get on x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111