Can you feel yourself if baby is head down?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
at my 33+3 week mw appointment she said baby was definatly head down.
Just woke up from a nap and theres a big stiky out lump under my right rib, could this be her head and shes moved positions?
ok as Im writing this the lumps gone away but still is there anyway of checking?
How do I check/is it safe to check?

I was told babies head down. I gets loads of pressure down there n feel like my bladder is being squished.

U get that weird bulge most evenings, I thought it was a foot or his bum.
I hope someone else knows cos I can't tell the difference :/
I know a foot but the rest is oblivious to me :(

I dont no a foot at all.
Lol yeah I get lots of pressure down there too, but also have been getting pains like on my cervix like something being scratched against my cervix so am worried shes turned and its her foot or something lol
butt he mw said she was really fixed down there so im hoping she hasnt lol

It's a bum. Trust me I have a bum under my ribs too, it wiggles! If midwife is sure baby is head down then she probably is, doubt they will turn now. So exciting isn't it! I get lots of funny twinges down there, I'm only guessing head is engaging. Cool stuff x

thanks lexi, oh good glad you get it too!
yeah i read online that its baby engaging when u get sharp pains and stuff down below :)
exciiited.

I quite often get a big solid lump at the top of my bump. I've always thought it was it's bum, especially now as I can feel feet stretching my skin sometimes in a little lump which I usually poke back!

Awww I used to tickle joes feet when he did that lol.
I get alot of limbs sticking out the sides of my tummy and dnt rly no wud they cud be as i thought her back wud be at the side, then head down and then legs nr the top?
and all day today iv had no proper kicks jst 'movements' or her sticking things out of my tummy lol

Until I see it on the scan on 5th jan then I won't 100% believe what
position he's in. They told me on 3 seperate appointments that my last son was head down and he was breech! x

so what happens if you start to give birth and then they realise it was breech? would u have to rushed into theatre for a c sec? x

I went into labour and wen they examined me they could feel his feet wiggling...after been examined by mw,matron and consultant they got the scanner in and I was rushed into theatre for a section x

gah i hope tht doesnt happen, as Im having a home birth so will tke longer to get ambulance here etc x

Devon was breach at 27 weeks size scan - and bump was a funny shape at the top, as apparently the heads are much bigger and roundy than the bums.

Bums are apparently smaller and more pointy. Then at 34 weeks, they scanned for size again when on routene appointment at consultants and I thought he was still breach as that big bump still seemed to be there and yet they said it was the bum, he was head down and the bum had just grown bigger confusing me!!

I'm pretty sure mine's sideways. Whatever the big round bump is that apears v often, it's always been to the right of my tummy button, and in bed is the only time I feel kicking (the rest of the time is just wriggling) it's always either side of my stomach. Got midwife tomorrow so hopefully will find out which way s/he is.

I am the same as you Jenny!! M/W tld me it was head down 4 weeks ago but wil see if she changes her mind tomorrow....

hope she measures me this time too, I have my own tape measure ready!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back