Can I take anything for acid reflux?

Nomad

Reaction score
I've had acid reflux a few times before but had it REALLY bad last night from about 2am until 8.30am and I can't face that every night! Does anyone know if there anything I can take or anything I can do (or avoid doing!) to help with it? xx

I keep a bottle of gaviscon or a box of rennies by my bed! I wake up like u about 2 am and have a swig of gaviscon or a chomp on some rennies! :) xxxxx

Karlie xxx

Same as what karlie suggests.

Also a big glass of kilk nomally helps me aswell.
Ive had it from 18wks and its well annoying! X

And its te fatty sugary foods for me thatll trigger i off. And orange juice.

But i cant help but eat crap so its my fault lol x

I usually drink a bit of milk before bed and have some rennie even when I don't have it!

The doctor can prescribe something - I've just been very lazy and not been to get any!

I always drink milk at around 4 or 5pm as I tend to get it before dinner. It really does help!
I also keep a big bottle of gaviscon on the bedside table and have it before going to bed and in the night if I need it. You can take it up to 4 times during the day but I wouldn't even worry about needing to take more to be honest. There's nothing harmful in it. Hope you find some relief soon! :)

I always take a ranitidine with a big glass of milk before bed and that tends to do the trick for me - you can get rantidine in the chemist or your doctor can prescribe it and then its free :)

Thanks ladies! I'll get hubby to pick up some supplies of gaviscon and rennies on his way home tonight.

And its te fatty sugary foods for me thatll trigger i off. And orange juice.

But i cant help but eat crap so its my fault lol x

Hmm....the glass of orange juice I was swigging on through the night probably wasn't helping then - oops!!

Boots own brand stuff is good. And it tastes like Sambuca! yum.x

Orange Rennies taste like sweets, yummmm and help me straightaway when I have to use them x

i like the sugar free spearmint rennies adn find them ace also a small amount of milk or icecream xx

I've just had omeprazole prescribed today so fingers crossed it does the trick!

I'm on omeprezole and it works wonders!! Makes me a bit burpy sometimes and I get indegestion but anything beats acid!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back