heartburn. desperate for advice... Please x

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
hey girls. throughout my whole pregnancy i have suffered badly with heartburn and acid reflux. i get bottles and bottles of gaviscon double action on perscription and that does help. but for the past week i have been suffering really badly, mainly at night,
i go to bed and have a glass of milk, lay proped up and take my gaviscon. and everything is find... AS LONG AS>... i dont move anything!!! even when i move my arm... heartburn comes again and i cant take more gaviscon. its killing me.
i have been awake practicaly all night, sitting holding my throut and crying :( OH is getting upset becuase there nothing he can do to help me

i have got docs later this evening, but does anyone take or know anything i can take that is stronger???? that works and i can recomend to doctor???

thank you for reading! i feel like mysides are on fire :evil:

I swear by Rennies tablets! I go through loads of them.

DO NOT DRINK MILK when it comes on….it can make it worse!! Even though it feels like you want something like milk, it’s no help!

As soon as I take two Rennies, it clears up right away. Sometimes it can come back soon after, but I just take a couple more. Most of the time it holds it off for a few hours. I really couldn’t have got through pregnancy without Rennies!! lol

I take tums cause they taste like yumy sweeties :)

How late at night do you eat?? maybe have a very early cut of period, say 5pm for your last meal, also i agree avoid the milk too because it is still kinda food.

I find certain foods, and temperatures of food can trigger mine. I hope it goes soon for you as I know how nasty and annoying it is and I get it at night too,,,

x

You poor thing!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've more or less got used to sleeping upright.......I have not had a night like yours for a good few weeks though.....

I'm with Heidi Lu, I have found the Rennie tablets much better than gaviscon and could not live without them.

There is something you can get on prescription from your GP, I cant remember the name but was offered it on my last appointment as I was complaining of lack of sleep etc because of it.

Ask the doc today and he will give you something that will blow the socks off the gaviscon and thats still safe for bubs...... :D

xxx

awww i have tried rennies, and tums and the other varietys of gaviscon! i was all set for jumping out the window lastnight. hehehe but i wouldnt fit!!! hehehe

Definately try tums! They are fantastic - much better than rennies!

Milk's the best thing for mine, sorry that's no help though!

I have same problem what with heartburn and carpol tunnel I am like a zombie from lack of sleep, I find rennies tablets good but only to a point when its at its worse nothing touches it being really propped up helps the most, if you find something that helps let me know! :hug: :hug:

I had heartburn as you described in the weeks up till i gave birth. It was horrendous, i never slept at night at all. Just sat there propped up in bed watching news24 on the telly till morning :bored: :bored:
I was prescribed the gaviscon advance and whilst it worked for all of 20 mins it just didnt touch the heartburn really. I tried rennies and the gaviscon tabs too.

What i did find that helped only slightly was not to eat anything from about half six onwards. That included any fizzy pops or cups of tea etc. I only drank water or squash.

Go back to your docs hun, i think there is something else they can prescribe for you, which i didnt realise till after the birth.

However i must say once i had Calleigh i slept so much better even with her waking in the night, so it kinda prepared me in a way. However at the time i was suffering i was begging for some kind of relief :?

Hey Tinkerbell!

I feel so bad for you! I wole up last night spluttering and panicked as Id had acid reflux come into my mouth and it had woken me up as I couldnt breathe! I was coughing for about 15 mins after that trying to calm down! Lol! Heartburn is PANTS.

I think the prescription medication you can get is called Rantidine? x

Actually its called RANITIDINE - I just looked it up and Id spelt it wrong in my last post!

There is a thread about it on the second page of this tri3 forum, down at the bottom. Hope this helps you xx

aww thank you Nutcase! i am so desperate fot some relief! i've had it all morning also. thankyou for the name of that! at least i have something to take to the doctor... the bloke i am seeing is a bit of a drip and lasttime i saw him he perscribed me something that i couldnt take whilst pregnant.. Duuuuuuh!!

thats brill. thank you x

I really feel for you, i know the feeling of not wanting to move incase you have to get up and reach for the gaviscon yet again.
Last night i got through a bottle of the stuff (little one) but i dont have it on perscription so its costing £3.20 a night, right now on gaviscon, and it only seems to be working for a few hours at a time, until i move or get up for the toilet. :(

I hope you can get something that works for you and stops it, even for a few hours. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back