can he?

Karina

Reaction score
right, im thinking about moving to somerset from london to be close to my mum who knows everything about everything to do with children, shes had four of them. can the father stop me from going? im 8weeks nearly 9weeks pregnant. or if he doesnt can he appeal when the childs born and take the child away? its only an hour and a half via train, i just want to know my options. any thoughts? :wall2:

I wouldn't imagine so hun :)

Are you amicable with him or is he likely to make things difficult for you?

I don't know if this is the same thing but...
My OH has a little girl with his ex and she had been telling us she wanted to move to Wales which would be a big distance from where we are considering OH has his daghter on set days.

OH got advice on this and was told he could stop her from moving so far away before she left because there would then be difficulties with access.
he did not have to do anythign about it and i'm not sure if he would have tbh but she changed her mind anyway.

I don't know what would have happened if she had moved first as there was a gap with OH seeing his LO. (long story).
if you are worried about what might happen it may be an idea to seek advice and see what rights both of you have in this situation.

I hope everything works out for you.
katie xx

thanks, im not to sure how hes going to act to be honest. however hes a drug dealer and very much homeless sleeping on mates sofas when he can. i'll look into it and see what advice is given xx

If he's not got a steady home he can hardly get custody of the baby. It doesn't sound like he's got much chance of getting anything done legally. I'd get your baby away from him anyway, sorry but I have no time for drug dealers whatsoever. I'd move if I was u and get your child away from him. Totally.

yeah, that's what my folks have said thanks princess81

If he's not got a steady home he can hardly get custody of the baby. It doesn't sound like he's got much chance of getting anything done legally. I'd get your baby away from him anyway, sorry but I have no time for drug dealers whatsoever. I'd move if I was u and get your child away from him. Totally.

He won't have a leg to stand on - move!

Now you talk about him being on drugs and not living anywhere stable i doubt he is legally able to get anywhere with this.
I agree with the other girls, i would look to move.
I would maybe still seek advice just incase if you think he may cause trouble but it sounds like moving would be best for you and your LO.

katie xxx

^^^^^^^^^ agree completely with everyone! Get gone honey!

thanks everyone, really :) i hate having a conscience though, and soooo scared he'll hunt me down, fingers crossed xxx

Go GO GO.. You and your bundle are the most important people in all of this..
Good luck with whatever you choose and don't get too stressed out and worked up.. Remember you 2 are the most important.x:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back