Can braxton hicks be different like labour?

roxyroo

Reaction score
I read recently that all pregnancies and labour differs between person to person. Some people had described labour to be the worst pain ever while some have said it was uncomfortable but not unbearable. Also people describing full on contractions like really bad period pains and some saying it felt like I needed a poo really bad.
I've been experiencing Braxton Hicks for a while now but mine don't really feel like a period pain as such .. it kind of feels like a stomach ache and then it gets really hard but takes my breath away, which actually makes me feel a bit sick. Do people experience different Braxton Hicks and also what you experience as "practice contractions" does that mean it will feel like that but worse when in true labour? x

Yes. Brixton hicks can vary greatly! Many health care professional describe them as painless contractions - mins hurt like hell and have done through both pregnancies!! Yet some women barely notice they are having them.

Contractions feel different for different people/pregnancies for a few reasons. Different people have different pain thresholds, different muscle tone, position of baby can make a difference.

With my last pregnancy I had painful BH - where bump went hard, then I had 'false labour' - with contractions that came and went but totally different from BH, and finally active labour that was more painful and again noticeabley different!!

So far this time I've had a couple of bouts of seriously painful BH, different from last time in the sense that if I hadn't been though a labour before I'd have thought I was going at 24weeks!!

And significant pains lower down that I didn't have before.

i can still eat and talk and do well anything through my Braxton hicks, seems on a night they get more crampy, but mine are like extreme tightenings that i wouldnt say are painful in the slightest xx

Thanks for your responses girls, just nice to know what other people are experiencing x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back