Can an infection make you lose your 'show'?

Just before getting into bath I had what I presume was the rest of my show, and it was covered in blood so I know it was definately was my show this time. The pain had eased a bit but now it's coming back a bit. Could be nothing for a while yet. Will let you know how it goes. Hoping it settles off again. Baby is still moving fine so I know he is happy. He has definately dropped though as I can't feel him as near my ribs and I'm weeing a bit more frequently. Plus the rib pain has stopped - which I suppose is a good thing in a way!!

Tinke - your show can happen weeks before labour, or hours, and some women don't even notice they've lost it. Likewise some women don't lose it till they are in active labour. I'm timing when my pains/contractions are now and just seeing what happens. Maybe you could do the same? Good luck!

oh good luck to you both sami and tineke..
fingers crossed everything is ok for you and babies and it all goes well..
(((((hug)))))

Sami you take care of yourself and relax. If buba is on his way he is more than ready to come into the world at 33+ weeks.

Relax, and get your OH to treat you like a princess. Keep us updated on how you are etc.

You're in my thoughts.

Karrina xxx

Still feeling uncomfortable. Had a bath and rang my midwife at 4pm and he said ring hospital. Lost more of my show (how much is there of that stuff!). Rang hospital at 4:30pm and they said not to go in or call back till contractions are 5 min apart and painful or my waters break or I'm worried about the babies movements. Contractions nearer 5 min apart now and more painful but have constant lower backache too. Had yet another bath but I'm considering ringing the hospital again now.
Bloody car is in the garage being fixed so I'm gonna have to get my mum to take me in. It's always the way. Trying to keep my mind off it at the moment by reading the posts on the forum. Not sure if it's helping. I hope this is another false start. :(

Aw Sami ((hug)) I wont pretend to know how you feel cos I don't, however I had a false alarm today, I had pains in my bump and felt rubbish, plus I was throwing up constantly. I rang the midwife who said it's just a bug and I'm a lot better now but I really panicked so God knows how you're feeling it's one thing after another isn't it?? Good luck and I hope it's a false alarm xxx

OMG sami, i'm just catching up with all the posts properly as i've been so busy and then this! hope you're ok, you've had more than your fair share of worries in this pregnancy hon. (((((((hugs)))))))

if your LO has decided to come now, then good luck! your baby will be ok now you're 33+ i'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back