Can an infection make you lose your 'show'?

Think I'm gonna go and see my GP today about this but I just wanted to ask your advice before I do incase I am worrying over absolutely nothing.

I've been feeling a lot of twinges and pressure and BH's over last night and today and feeling very uncomfortable. I was putting this down to normal pregnancy symptoms and wasn't worried really as the pain wasn't too bad, it was more uncomfortable.

But now I am starting to feel a bit crappy and hot and cold and wondered if I may have an infection or cold or something. Took temp and it's normal (36.29C).
I've just been to the loo though and I think I've lost my 'show'. There was alot of it.

I'm feel a little bit more nervous than I did before now :( is it all related or just another show which I might re-build, plus possible cold symptoms, plus general BH's etc? I think I'm worried that if I have an infection 'up there' and if I've lost my show then baby isn't protected is he?

awww Sami i really dont know, but i think that you are doing the best thing in contacting your doctor.

i hope everything is okay, as you have had a really worrying pregnancy and i really feel for you.

let me know how you get on honey.

x

hi hun i think u r right in seeing ur doc although i have heard that shows can happen weeks before the birth try not to worry too much but better to b safe than sorry eh! let us know how it goes!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your replies.
Do you think it will be okie to make an appointment for Monday?? I know what my surgery is like and I doubt they'll want to give me an appointment today as I was only in on Monday about my ribs :oops:

No Sami get yourself in today, they wont turn you down for an appointment if you're pregnant. Good luck hun xx

Closed till 1:30pm for lunch...I'll ring again then.

Thanks and sorry for going on..... I feel like a hypochondriac :oops:

Sami

I dont care if you have been to the doctors everyday. you make sure that you get an appointment. insist on it. you are pregnant hun. dont let them fob you off. you and baby are very important. and no you cant wait until monday.

let me know how you go.

thinking of you and bump x

they have no appointments left for today....
I told them I need to speak to someone today at least and the receptionist said "why is it so urgent?" (I hate self-rightious receptionists) so I told her (not that she had any right to know) and she said she will get a doctor to call me hopefully by 3 or 4pm as the duty doctor is out on her rounds at the moment.

Just sitting and waiting now. Feel all nervous :( I hope this is all un-related and I'm worrying over nothing. I probably am.

i have lost my show 3 times now, your body makes new ones if its to early, its prob just your baby is pushing down, i wouldnt worry to much, the more worring you do the more you will find something wrong

Sami, excuse my french, but don't give a sh*t about the receptionists or worrying about being a hypocondriac. You aren't, you have had a rough time during this pregnacy and that is what Dr's are there for. If you get no joy with the Dr's are you able to go to the ante natal ward at your hospital? Or contact NHS out of hours after 5 who will tell you to go to hosp and get checked?

Sami, buba is the most important thing, and I would stress do not leave it til monday.

Please let us know how you get on!

Sending huge hugs your way xxxxx

That's what I'm hoping, that it's all unrelated.
I've lost a bit of my show before already after the contractions last time, just never the whole lot.
He is back to my back today (can't feel his back at all only limbs so I presume that's where he is) so probably why I've got the back ache and pressure.

hi sami

i had receptionists like that when i lived at london. what has it got to do with them why you need to see the doctor. receptionists are not medically trained to know what is an emergency and what is not.

a receptionist even had the cheek to comment to the nurse where i used to live (i had blood pressure problems when i carried joshua), that i was basically making a mountain out of a molehill when i inisted on my 3 times a week blood pressure checks (which i was instructed to do by the nurse). the nurse told me that she turned round and said, that if i didnt come for those checks it could be bad for me or the baby. the receptionist was lovely after that.

i think Layla is right what she says but to ease your mind you need to see or speak to the doctor as soon as you can.

keep us informed honey.

x

Thanks K.
I'm sure when the duty doc calls she'll ask me to go in and see her just incase as I'm preg. Duty docs can make their own appts for patients the same day if they want to see them urgently. The duty doctor is a really nice woman so I'll feel at ease talking to her and she always reassures me.
I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing, but better to be checked I guess given the history.

Sami i am pleased that you sound a lot more positive. keep us informed. dont worry i am sure that it will be a few more weeks until your little one makes an appearance!! My sil had hers at 32 weeks and he is now 12 years old and a fine strapping lad (pain in the posterior though).

my thoughts are with you hun.

x

fingers crossed for you sami
take care
xxxx

LOL @ nephew - pain in posterior - bless him!! cheers Davina.
OH may have a job interview lined up (get him out of the crappy underpaid place he is in now) so I think that's cheered me up and taken my mind off things.
Think I'm gonna go have a bath - usually encourages little one to move a bit more and he might get off my back and stop pushing down.

I'll let you know how it goes when I've spoken to duty doc.

Spoke to doc and she said just rest at home and see what happens.
She said if the pains and tightenings become stronger or more regular, or anything else happens then get in touch with hospital. She said something could happen today or it could be a couple of weeks yet or my 'show' could just replace itself. She doesn't think it sounds like an infection related thing but said keep an eye on the signs of that too just incase.

sami

that is great news. i hope that eases your worries now. dont hesitate to contact the doctor or hospital if things get worse, or dont improve, or you just start worrying again.

remember how important your health and bumps health is.

x

Been up all night with very painful lower backache and lower bump pains but tightenings all over the place (some less than 5 min apart, some up to 20min apart) so tried to just sit it out and see if it developed into a pattern before getting worried. Started since yesterday afternoon when I was feeling uncomfy and has got progressively more painful. Feeling alot of pressure, mainly when I sit on the loo, and I feel pain everywhere round my bump and back :( Not sure what is going on. Maybe it's a water infection. Off to have another bath now and try to ease it again....

Hi Sami,
I hope that everything is fine with you now. Let us know how you are feeling and if the baby has moved!!

I have been having these BH's and tightenings for hours now and I am starting to get a little worried also, no show for me yet though. Is that always way before you are due or can this really happen at any time?? (and a few times?)

Tineke oxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back