C-Section piercings help

Louise123

Reaction score
If you are booked to have a c-section does anyone know about piercings and if they have to be taken out, covered up or can you change to the clear ones to keep piercings open? I've got a nose stud a small ear stretcher but I have a dermal on my wrist which I crnt remove myself also I was going to get a pedicure and manicure short obv to make me feel a bit nicer a little pamper but is that allowed?

Thankyou ladies

When I had my first they were prepping me for an emergency c section and told my hubby to get all of my jewellery off, so I would say all piercings will need to come out. Is your stretched a plastic tube? That may be ok but check with the mw. I know I changed my tragus and inner ear to a plastic stud when i was dues surgery before. Dermal aren't something I know much about so can't help with that one I'm afraid.
As for the mani and pedi, I don't think you can have nail polish for theatre but maybe have it as a treat a few weeks before and just take remover if needed. I've just finished work and had my nails done as I can't have it done for work so wanted a treat. Do check with your mw though x

I always thought when u had surgery all jewellery needed to be removed. My hospital also told me not to where nail polish on my fingernails but toes where fine . Might be different in other hospitals though x x

Stick to clear polish if you have any, they ask you to keep fingers unpainted so they can see if your nails change colour I think, ie medical reaction. I might have made that up but im sure I heard it somewhere?

Im not a doctor, but was a body piercer, so as for your piercings, your stretcher will be fine to have out for the short duration of a section, maybe put it back in after a hot shower when you skin is more giving.

If your nose stud is new they may allow you to put surgical tape over it?

Your microdermal, obviously you cant just take it out, but you can screw the top off and replace it if you really need to. Or again, ask if tape or a plaster would be suitable?

I have my cheeks pierced and ill be gutted if I have to take them out if I ended up having a section!

Awww thankyou see the nose and ear doesn't really bother me as like you say they can be easily taken out or replaced with them clear plastic things to keep piercing open it was my dermal I was panicking about I love it and never had any probs with it but like you say it crnt just be removed lol il mention when I next go thankyou :) xxx

Oh and what do I replace the top of the stood with on my dermal? xxx

I had to remove all of mine including my tunnel which was plastic. As for nail varnish they make you remove it all
Including clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back