C-Section and bleeding length after?

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I had C-section on 6th Jan , bled quite heavily , lost over a litre in surgery, and continued to bleed heavily - and a week later the bleeding stopped, with just a smidge on a panty liner (changed from using big momma pads).

Now at 9 days still nothing at all ! Should I expect it to come back?

Once breastfeeding got going i did get alot of blood after 10 mins of a feed , when I could feel the uterus contract down first, then the bleeding would start. (This is the first baby I have breastfed).

Had a postnatel check today with comunity midwife and she says uterus cannot be flt anymore, fully contracted down, so perhaps thats it?

With my others , my uterus went down much quicker , but I bleed quite hevily for 4 full weeks ish ?

Any one else stopped bleeding this early? Is it to do with breastfeeding?

Thanks JJ

Sounds like you're all done :)

I only bled for a couple of days and was expressing, then had a normal period in about 9 weeks.

I only bled heavily for 3-4 days and then, same as you, for a while I would get blood after a feed (the oxytocin released contracting uterus) and then by 3 weeks it had stopped entirely. MW told me that around then 10 day mark there is usually another increase in bleeding for a day or so, so you might get a little more but I think from about 10 days I only had to wear a thin panty liner until 3 weeks just for tiny bits of blood.

wow - should I be worried then? I'm still "bleeding" (lochia plus the occasional bit of red blood) and I had my section on 24th Dec!!! xx

No dont think so - i was told it varies from person to person and can be up to 6 weeks and is often longer for women who have had sections.

Thanks girls , that would be great if thats me done then -yayyyy

seems like evryones diff but i bled for over a week, bf, and got a period (or so i thought) after 6weeks but i think it was a continuation of the bleeding... just had my second period now after stopping bf at 8 weeks!

I bled for amost 3 weeks on and off and just got first af now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back