C section - 10 days after - advise xx

Jess07

Reaction score
Hi , just after a bit of advise really, I had a c section on 29th July, baby had stopped growing so they wanted to bring her out at 37 weeks, really under estimated how hard it would be afterwards!!! But so much better now , moving around easily and getting better each day!

However today I've felt very unwell and started loosing a lot of discharge etc , it slowed down and nearly stopped past couple of days but today it's really bad I would say easily a pint full just pouring at times , is this normal?

Very sorry too much info!!! It smells horrible and strong and is pink / brown in colour .... Again really sorry for the detail!!!

Other than that scar albeit it a bit stingy at times is healing fab n lost nearly all of my bump already ...which surprised me x

I leaked for a full 6 weeks after my sections, but it was really frustrating as I would think it'd finally stopped, and then a few hours later there would be a massive gush. Not of blood but like pink water, and even the maternity pads I was wearing struggled to cope, so if we had a day out I would be wearing 3 pads, just in case. I was still wearing them at 8 weeks just incase. It did stop at 6 weeks, and this sounds very similar to how both of mine were. It sounds like you're doing great! Glad to hear the wound isn't bothering you too much!

Thank you!! Good to know it's normal , but a shame it lasted so long for u! Good idea with the pads I will do that..... One maternity pad like u say when I have a gush may aswell not be there!!

Will stack up!!

Thanks again for your reply xx

Hi Jess, yes bleeding can stop, start and ramp up and down at any time for 6/8 weeks so annoying but I would say keep an eye on the smell thing over next few days and for pain inside as they were telling me to watch out for that as infection up inside scar rather than on the surface, as mine had trouble stopping bleeding from scar on outside. I'm on day 7 today , but on two antibiotics anyway just incase for outside. They said it would be dischargy and smell just awful when going to loo/on pads, so get checked to nip in the bud if in any doubt xx

(Who said sections were too posh to push /easy route eh! Ha )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back